True Results Dallas TX

jasoneberhard
on 4/9/14 1:34 pm - st charles, MO

Has anyone done the Lap Band from True Results? They are telling me a story I think sounds too good to be true. I'm from St Louis and they are saying they will fly me down to Texas and do a lap band for 5k cheaper than in St Louis. 

pineview01
on 4/9/14 6:29 pm - Davison, MI

Are you doing self pay?  If so remember you need someone close by.  The initial surgery is just a part of the cost of the band.  You will need after care fills and unfills.  You need to do more research.  There was some really bad stuff reported here about them a couple years back.  Sorry I can't find that now.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jasoneberhard
on 4/9/14 11:32 pm - st charles, MO

I am doing self pay. I have a True Results in St Louis. The cost to do it here is 10k compared to 5k in Texas. My insurance only pays for a hernia operation which True Results says I'll definitely have that "problem". My 5k cost would be just for the band itself. They say I will get a year of after care. Once the year is up, I will have to pay for office visits out of pocket amounting to $50 a visit. 

pineview01
on 4/10/14 4:09 pm - Davison, MI

I wouldn't think St Louis would honor the TX contract.  So either you would have the cost of going to TX constantly or paying more for St Louis.

Also the $50 office visit and than how much more for the fill/unfill.  Do they have support groups for you to attend.  The band is very high maintenance.  Even those here that have done well have had at least one more surgery for a fix.  Either to fix a leak, repair a broken tube, band, buckle or the more major slips and erosion.  You need to go into this with your eyes wide open and with all the facts.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kate -True Brit
on 4/9/14 7:09 pm - UK

I know nothing about them but there is a good saying....

if it seems too good to be true, it IS too good to be true! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 4/10/14 4:26 am - Vancouver, WA

I would never ever advise a self pay person to get a band. You are looking at the very real issue of having to pay to have it removed in the future either from problems or because they are only good for 10 years according to the manufacturer. I just had to have mine removed and I will have to pay the entire surgerry and hospitsl stsay because my insurance doesn't cover anything to do with bariatrics including complications! I'm looking at being over $20,000 in debt because my band was causing so much pain and trouble swallowing even tho it was empty for over 2 years! This is a very common issue with the band.

I also agree if it sounds too good it probably is. I would guess it is cheaper because the surgeons in Mexico are charging less so they have to also. Please investigate surgery types more as the band is a bad choice for most. I only know of a couple of people who have had great success with it and they have had to work very hard to get the weight off and keep it off.

Most Active