3 weeks post op Lap band

La_Bella_Vita
on 4/4/14 4:25 am

I am 3 weeks post op land band.... the plus side is I am down 22 pounds :)

the down side is eith I am constipated or I have loose stools, gastric pressure and loud stomach gurgling! yuck :( help

LapBandSurgery  3/14/2014 <3 Live, Laugh, Love

lianna
on 4/4/14 11:29 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

It will stop when you start getting more solid foods!  Good luck,  this will pass fast.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

pineview01
on 4/5/14 8:16 am - Davison, MI

Normal for this stage.  You just had to deal with each condition.  Nothing to do about the loud stomach gurgling.  It gets better with real food.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

KGG
on 4/6/14 6:22 pm
On April 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM Pacific Time, La_Bella_Vita wrote:

I am 3 weeks post op land band.... the plus side is I am down 22 pounds :)

the down side is eith I am constipated or I have loose stools, gastric pressure and loud stomach gurgling! yuck :( help

It's such a cool coincidence that we had our band surgeries on the exact same day. I've had tons of complications with mine. I've experienced all of what you have plus many unpleasant extras. Mine is coming out on the 14th of April. A 22 weight loss is awesome! I have been advised to try to work with the band because it would be a waste to have it removed so soon. So I think and rethink my decision to have it removed nearly every minute of everyday. I don't want another surgery if I don't need it. Especially not so soon. But I am thinking of long term suffering. My body is off and on rejecting this thing. As far as I have learned from others with the band, nothing stops the hunger pangs except solid foods. At this point, you shouldn't be on chopped foods yet. So everything you're eating is passing through your system quickly and that's why you feel the pangs so often (per the nurse and surgical team at my hospital). My surgeon and dietitian told me that the stomach gurgling is a mixture of gas on our stomachs and lack of solid proteins (causing growling). I hope that you continue to do well with the band. It sounds like your body agrees with it. I am still waiting on that moment that mine will settle inside of my body & I won't have to get it removed :-)

Most Active