Colonoscopy

onefullahope
on 3/31/14 1:39 am

Very nervous about all the stuff I have to drink the day before my colonoscopy on Friday..  it is hard enough to get down a glass of water sometimes.  Has anyone been through this?  Thanks!

Bette B.
on 3/31/14 2:41 am

Have you told your gastroenterologist that you've had WLS? I've had a couple of tests since I had mine and my doc was always willing to make accomodations. In fact, the last time I had a 'scopy, I only had to fast and take a few pills. No excessive drinking except to stay hudrated.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

onefullahope
on 4/2/14 11:33 pm

I don't have a gastroenterologist- my primary care is sending me for this because I am over 50.  She just said, do he best you can!  Thanks for you reply, I appreciate your feedback.

pineview01
on 4/2/14 1:11 pm, edited 4/3/14 10:51 am - Davison, MI

Yeah I had to drink a gallon of the stuff.  But, when you can only drink, in my case they made it 48 instead of 24  hours due to the band, It isn't as hard as you think.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

onefullahope
on 4/2/14 11:38 pm, edited 4/2/14 11:38 pm

Thanks!  Today is fasting day- I have my black coffee and white grape juice.  Broth later.  Golyghtly is in the refrigerator, already mixed with sugar free lemonade.  Your reply made me feel better, thank-you!

pineview01
on 4/3/14 10:52 am - Davison, MI

Good Luck!  Let us know how it goes.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active