5 yrs.

lucky62756
on 3/15/14 1:52 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

today is 5 yrs for me getting the band.. Hoping to get it out very soon. Having some problems with it after all this time is unreal. As some of you know I was a band cheerleader back then..lol  but since 2012 I have had nothing but trouble.. weight gain, burning sensations at port, reflux, not being able to eat, vomiting and sliming almost everyday... Where are my March 16th 2009 band buddies?

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Easternshoregrl
on 3/15/14 4:37 am - MD
My bandiversary was Feb 26th, 5 years as well. I am in the place you are but have gained 5lbs so far. I went back and saw my surgeon this week and had half of the fluid taken out because he thought with all my vomiting issues, burning and ribcage pain, I needed it. I have a hiatal hernia that needs to be repaired, my GERD is taken care of with Nexium. I'm on 3 days of liquids and have gone from 199 to 196. See your surgeon, you may just need something tweeked up. It's a journey of forks in the road.
Best of luck to you.

First consult 306, pre-op visit 278, surgery date 272, current 198

Hislady
on 3/15/14 4:45 am - Vancouver, WA

Lucky has already seen her surgeon several times and her band is causing her the same horrible pain that mine did and she AND her surgeon have decided this is the best procedure for her. She has put a great deal of effort and research into this next step and has realized that life isn't worth living with this amount of pain. Maybe you younger people are able to deal with more pain than we old broads but for many of us we just aren't able to live with a 7-9 on the pain scale. You were just here insisting on support yet you are back dismissing Lucky's pain and vomitting as something that can be easily fixed when you know nothing of what she has been thru these last few months. You are well on your way to joining her and I will try to help you when you get there but for now you keep living on your river denial. Seems your support only goes one direction.

Easternshoregrl
on 3/18/14 2:28 am - MD
Not trying to dismiss, just trying to be supportive and not the voice of doom.

If her surgeon decided it is in her best interest, that was not made evident and so be it. I won't be a basher.

First consult 306, pre-op visit 278, surgery date 272, current 198

annie0039
on 3/16/14 6:10 am, edited 3/16/14 6:11 am

LUCKY sorry you've had all the issues that you have had with your Band but it's seems the NORM :( Good luck with your removal I'll be sending healing Energies your way!! for a Swift and uneventful removal :)

NO worries about once being a Cheerleader I think we were all Deceived to a point . Sometimes it takes awhile to reach the point of being "DONE" with the band complications It just takes some ppl longer than others ;)  That's probably why so few cheerleaders are left .

cheyenne000
on 3/16/14 9:57 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Sorry you are having so many issues Lucky, I really hope you are able to get the band removed soon so you get some relief. Keep us posted

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

pineview01
on 3/16/14 4:07 pm - Davison, MI

I was a Feb 25 2009 bander!  I had mine removed 9/12 and was sleeved 1/13.  I was Cheer leading right there with you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active