The New Improved LapBand

56sunShine14
on 3/17/14 4:58 am

I am going to be nice Girl OF but have nothing to say for the band.

"I have not read one post where someone has done those things religously and not kept the weight off"

I had the band in 2007 and still have it.  And I DID religiously follow my plan.  However, in 2010 my band caused me to have a 12 hour episode of vomiting - all night long.  Nothing could have caused it except the stress I was under at work.  My surgeon then failed me, my band caused me to fear it and I want it out - NOW.  However, because of that and some other issues that year, I did begin regaining weight and have now gained it all back.  I don't blame that on my band but on my emotional eating pattern that got me here to begin with.  I had lost my job, left a long standing relationship that was bad for me and just gave up on myself because I was the "go to" person for family and friends and was just plain tired.

But I am back in the game now, better mentally and emotionally and I want revision because I KNOW that now, I can do it.  And I don't want to do the band again.

You will have to make your own decision but need to remember the thing about the internet, you can't believe everything you read.

That said, just because you have not found that post you mentioned doesn't mean it isn't around.  it is.  Just remember that any WLS is only to give you the "tool".  The hard work is on you/us.  No matter what type of WLS you choose - you can almost always regain your weight.

Good luck in whatever you choose.  :)

kaytiebugs
on 3/18/14 11:42 am - Flowery Branch, GA

Just pointing out that most people that are able to control what they put in their mouth and exercise regularly don't need WLS and can lose weight the good ole fashioned way. No long term risks in that!

There is a reason we were/are morbidly obese and surgery doesn't fix it. IMO rigorous ongoing counseling should be part of the WLS package.

pineview01
on 3/18/14 3:38 pm - Davison, MI

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active