Too optimistic

Hislady
on 2/26/14 3:30 am - Vancouver, WA

From what i've read Medicare does cover this but make sure by calling your local office. I believe it depends on what area you are in but it is certainly worth checking out. I'm not quite old enough for it so had to just go ahead with removal because it was too much to live with. I was trying so hard to hold out for the medicare that almost ruined myself in the process. I'm feeling so much better now tho. Good luck to you I hope it will all work out for you!

pineview01
on 2/27/14 2:14 am - Davison, MI

Hislady, I think it was almost two months before it hit me I was feeling 99% better and that all that swelling was gone.  Getting the band removed was a great relief but my center treated it as a nothing surgery.  They didn't give me any diet requirement or anything.  They treated it like the surgery removal put me back to 100% not band.  They bought into their own hype.  I was feed gram crackers in recovery and almost choked to death. 

I put myself on the liquid diet and progressed myself like I had just been banded.

Take care!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active