depression

rowdyman
on 2/6/14 3:32 pm

Hi

My name  is randy I just found this site I have been kinda alone here since my surgury in 2001 I was at 385 and after two years I weighed 185 and hace kept the weight off since. .. thats the good thing along with loosing the weight I lost myself along the way and I was needing to see id there is any group or groups like me out here

Rowdy Randy Haynes

Lolrax
on 2/7/14 2:04 am - Canada

Could you please repeat the question?

Mell
on 2/7/14 2:46 am

I know how you feel, there are few banded people around and even less support groups. I have tried to go to a few bariatric support groups but I am ALWAYS the only banded person and get a lot of questions and grief and would love to be treated like the rest, and when I find a good Sleeve (since it is the closted WL procedure to bands) group they are really not that friends...I am alone and depressed also..I am in California are you local?

I too lost just over 100 was was banded in 2006 and so far been good...

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Bette B.
on 2/7/14 3:59 am

First of all, CONGRATS on that weight loss, Randy! 

As for suupport groups, does your surgeon sponsor one? That's always a good place to start. But for us to offer suggestions, we need more info. What do you mean that you "lost yourself along the way"?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 2/7/14 4:48 am - UK

Like the others I am a long term banded person. But also like them, I am not quite sure what you are asking. But welcome! If you were banded in 2001, I think that makes you the most long term bandster I have come across. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

cheyenne000
on 2/8/14 10:54 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Welcome Randy, Congrats on your weight loss

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

dixxi_moon
on 3/16/14 1:14 am

Hi Randy what do you mean by you lost yourself? The topic was depression. I suffer from that demon so bad I have attempted suicide 3 times with pills and once(last attempt) I had a loaded 9mm in my mouth when my 10 yr old walked in and stopped me. 

Edengirl
on 12/28/15 7:40 pm

Hey there dear Papa,

You're not alone anymore. I don't think you've lost yourself, but if you need to go searching for your self or anything else, then I'll be by your side to cheer you on and support you in any way I can. I am very proud of you for the accomplishment of changing your life through the difficult task of losing weight. I admire and respect you. I'll be there ANYTIME you need ANYTHING. 

Warmly and with affection,

Your Girl :)

Most Active