New Band New Day

rene
on 2/3/14 4:35 am - Northeast, WI

Almost 9 years ago I had my inital band placed and did well with it.  I lost 90lbs and maintained but the last few months was having issues.  Long story short my band had prolaspse and I had to decide what to do.  At this point in life I didn't feel I was ready for the sleeve or rny.  Since I did well with the original band my doctor had offered to place another.  I orginally had the small 4cc band and now have the larger one, I think holds either 10 or 12 cc's. So many people had said that I didn't need the band and that I could do on it my own but old fears come back quick.  I was deflated in the beginning of November and I gained about 10 lbs which is not that bad considering it was over the holidays.

Boy how we forget the liquid diet phase. I am hoping I won't be on it much longer.  Sad to say I getting excited for the purree week.  lol

I am hoping that I can get off the last 60 or so pounds off this year now. I was told find the "sweet spot" takes a bit longer with the larger band but its a better feeling than the old band.  More of a full feeling versus stuff in your esophugus.

Have a great day

Kate -True Brit
on 2/3/14 6:21 am - UK

Very best wishes.  Your old band sounds tight if you felt food in the oesophagus so here's hoping the new one will be better for you. My old 4cc is still going strong!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

rene
on 2/3/14 8:45 am - Northeast, WI

Thanks Kate!

pineview01
on 2/3/14 10:03 am, edited 2/4/14 7:05 am - Davison, MI

Good luck with your new band.  Why did you state at this point in your life sleeve?  If you did well with the band you should have done great with the sleeve.  You also wouldn't have to worry about another surgery down the road to remove this band.  Just wondering.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

rene
on 2/4/14 2:52 am - Northeast, WI

Pineview,

I just meant that since I did so well with the band that is why I wanted it placed again. 

Thanks

pineview01
on 2/4/14 7:06 am - Davison, MI

Got it!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Mell
on 2/3/14 11:48 pm

I had my small band replaced with the large about 3 year ago and funny thing is my sweet spot cc amount was nearly the same! Not sure if it was due to the build up of scar tissue but I am still doing well and am thankful for the band. Good luck!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

rene
on 2/4/14 2:53 am - Northeast, WI

Thank you Mell for your reply, good to know.. I am hoping to be a goal by the end of the year.

Most Active