Slip

lucky62756
on 1/27/14 7:04 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

What does a slipped band feel like ? I am having a weird feeling where my band is and a lot of painful gas in that area,  also I never know when something ought get stuck. One day nothing the next day water bubbles when  I drink, I have been to the surgeon for  possible revision, I go back in Fed, I didn't have this gas when I went in before it just started

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Hislady
on 1/27/14 8:22 am - Vancouver, WA

I would call them and see what they say, whether they want to see you sooner or keep the Feb. appt. Have you tried some gas x for the gassy feeling? Actually I don't think things should get stuck unless you aren't chewing well enough or are trying to eat too fast and I think you probably have those 2 things licked by  now. If it is happening very often I would have them take some saline out. Just to be more comfortable. I sure hope they OK your revision!!

Nic M
on 1/27/14 9:28 am

Have you been checked for gastritis at all? I developed it while banded (and still have it) and it's really painful. My stomach felt like a rock when I had the band. 

lucky62756
on 1/27/14 8:16 pm - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

I have a lot of painful gas under my left booob and in my chest and back left shoulder, Gasx works some, if I take a big swig of soda it stops , I can burp. I also have a strange feeling in my stomache, hard to explain thou kinda like a baby moving. Lol no I am not prego Lol. Anyway  thinking it is also gas. Have some reflex, and burning in throat, going for blood work and then have an appt on Feb 28

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Dev *.
on 1/27/14 11:21 pm - Austin, TX

The upper L quadrant pain can be gas trapped in your splenic flexure. I used to get it a lot, and laying down on my left side often helped move it along. I also used to find that sometimes, when I had something "stuck" or just sitting really heavy in my stomach, I would get this weird low abdomen "flutter" feeling - it agitated my abdominal muscle for some reason, and yes, it did sort of feel like a baby moving! Sometimes it was a warning that I was about to throw up, or right after the "flutter" whatever was stuck would finally move through.

ANYWHOO, sure, it is possible you have a slip...some slips can be "dynamic" and move in and out of position so one day you are fine and the next day you're not. That said, the only way to know is to catch it in the act. Talk to your doctors office and see if you can have a standing order in for an upper GI and take yourself in on a day when you're having more issues.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

annie0039
on 1/28/14 12:21 am, edited 1/28/14 12:22 am

My slip was right after severe food poisoning ( think vomiting, severe and multiple times) I developed severe reflux and wasn't able to eat much at the time and it just got worse, even with jus****er. then i developed Severe left shoulder pain. Stabbing pain that was then burning in my shoulder , eventually it subsided but I developed a loss of range of motion in my shoulder until my band was removed. After removal ALL the pain was gone but it took longer for the range of motion to return. FYI: all the tests I had Endo, and Ct Scan with contrast said the band was "fine" Surgeon confirmed slip when he removed the band. 

Hope this helps!

pineview01
on 1/28/14 9:27 am - Davison, MI

When in Feb is your appointment?  If not in a few days I'd call and explain what is going on and see if they want to see you sooner.  Remember if they just want to do the GI, that you want the scope as it will show, erosion and esophagealitis and other issues that the GI doesn't catch. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active