Disappointed

Kate -True Brit
on 1/24/14 4:54 pm - UK

It is not really my place to disagree with a trained bariatric expert. But!!!  If you have reflux and can't keep protein down you are NOT at your sweet spot! You are way too tight! Not only does that make life unpleasant , it could lead to permanent damage. 

Even a tiny amount of saline removed could possibly solve this. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 1/26/14 10:18 am - Vancouver, WA

What Kate said, sometimes it's just a matter of a small unfill to fix the problem, If you are suffering that much you for sure need at least a bit out. It can indeed cause serious and sometimes lifelong damage, please get at least a partial unfill . It may even help your weight loss because you would be able to eat healthier foods, I know it helped me alot to be emptied for that very reason. I could again eat solid protein and veggies again. Good luck to you I hope you get this all worked out, don't give up on yourself.

pineview01
on 1/28/14 9:48 am - Davison, MI

I agree that you are for sure too tight.  

Will your insurance at least pay to remove the band if needed?  Mine would pay to have it removed due to medical need after going to the same policy.  When I was able to prove the problems the band caused when it was removed, I was able to fight the new policy and was able to get the sleeve approved.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jalivia2
on 1/28/14 9:57 am - Spring, TX

Yes, they will pay for the band's removal. My new surgeon wants to basically start over as if I were newly post op and go through all of the stages and fills again with close guidance from him and his resident nutritionist. That all starts on 2/6. I am very hopeful that this will all work out the second time around! :)

pineview01
on 1/28/14 10:23 am - Davison, MI

Good Luck, I hope it all works out for you.  Keep us updated!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active