Lapband Dr who will do removal?

Ssunflower
on 1/20/14 7:56 pm

Hi,

I was banded in 2006 & have had nothing but problems. At this point I just want to get it removed with no further surgery. I had my band placed in Mexico and would love help in finding a Dr who would remove it under insurance...am I asking for too much?

The bariatric Dr I found here (Tn) informed me that since I choose to have the lapband, even if it were damaging my body, insurance would not pay to remove it since I got it in Mexico. Does anyone know of a Dr that is different? I need it out, should of had it removed yrs ago.

I've been saving$ but only have $4500. I was told (by Tn Dr) it would take anywhere from 18,000-23,000 depending on damage, etc. it will be many yrs before I'll get there.

thank you

annie0039
on 1/21/14 12:29 am

I left  a PM contact me ...... I may be able to Help

Ssunflower
on 1/21/14 2:51 am
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/14 8:25 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13

Get a second opinion regarding the removal from another bariatric surgeon as well as an informal read from your insurance.  The one you spoke to made a rather broad statment that may or may not be true.

LilSleeved
on 2/7/14 5:12 pm

my original LapBand was not coveted by insurance, I paid cash in the states for my placement. My surgeon retired and I had no problems finding a doctor to remove it and revise me to the sleeve. My insurance paid for all of it. My gf just revised from the band to sleeve in Mexico and is doing great!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Most Active