Need Help ASAP

Blancardz
on 1/7/14 2:14 pm - cocoa, FL

I had my surgery in 2008 weighing in at 223 lbs and now I am at 150 lbs. I have maintained my weight around 155 to 150.  I was self pay when I had my surgery and now am having problems and my employer insurance insurance excludes anything that has to do with WLS.   I want to get an unfill and the doctor must charge me the insurance rate of $500 dollars.  I can't not afford this since my job does not pay that much.  I also would consider having it removed but how can I if my insurance excludes this.  Anyone know of any fill doctor in Florida that is reasonable for an unfill.  I need one asap until I can research how to have the band removed. Any help will be appreciated.

Bette B.
on 1/8/14 2:10 am

I can't help you with finding a FLA doc, but if your band is working, why would you want to have it removed?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Dev *.
on 1/8/14 3:13 am - Austin, TX

Why *must* he charge you the insurance rate? I was private pay for years and never had an MD do that to me!!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

pineview01
on 1/8/14 4:48 am - Davison, MI

I have seen this and have had it done to me, non band issues.  I'm not sure why some things have to change the insurance rate (which isn't what the insurance pays) and some can charge a "cash pay."

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/8/14 4:16 am - UK

If it tight enough to be causing serious problems, a defill is essential for health. Whatever the cost. Not having one could be more costly in the long term 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 1/8/14 4:52 am - Davison, MI

As stated it is very important not to keep it to tight.  In my case, they would unfill, I'd be OK for a while than It would get tight again.  This happened about monthly the last ~year.  I finally had all the fluid removed and removed.

There has to be someone less expensive in FL.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Blancardz
on 1/9/14 2:36 pm - cocoa, FL
Because I have insurance he can not charge me self pay because its illegal. I used to go to the Fill Centers but they closed down. I have called about 10 doctors so far and I am on third week I cant eat. I was in ER friday and they gave me 4 IVs and refuse to address band issue. I will not get band removed if I can get some relief!
petham61
on 1/11/14 11:28 am

Have you tried Dr Allison at Viera health first, or Dr Jawad in Orlando. If you go to the emergency room in Viera, Dr Allison might be right there

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/14 3:06 am - Hockessin, DE
Revision on 03/01/12

I have had 5 ER doctors and 1 nurse take the fluid out of my band on different occasions.  They had zero "lapband" experience but they knew how to insert a needle in a port.  It is seriously dangerous to have your band too tight. 

Most Active