New and feeling frustrated

Lisawantstobehealthy
on 1/6/14 12:47 pm

I was just banded almost 4 weeks ago. Although I have been eating way 

less than I used to I can still eat and feel hungry. I was hoping the band would make me feel more full. I really keep it slow, take small bites, don't drink water. I lost 8 pounds post surgery when I was on a liquid diet but that is it. Tomorrow I start back up at the gym. Any experienced people out there want to give me some motivation and advice?

Mell
on 1/7/14 2:58 am

In the beginning weeks before my first fill I kept telling my self I was full. You are not hungry you are not hungry..

And drink water, went on walks (I was off work for a few weeks). I think one of the things I truly love about my band is it forced me to eat correctly, if you let it. If I ate the dense lean proteins and veggies I was full. As time went I learned what foods did not keep me satisfied and what did. I read Jeans book, and planned my meals. I even set my alarm on my phone when it was okay to eat. I still 6 years out spend my Sundays chopping veggies and cooking protein so I have salads, and dinner plans.I know it is hard but if you put in the hard work initially you will be successfully long term. Good luck!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Bette B.
on 1/7/14 3:27 am

Lisa:

You have to be patient, especially at the beginning. The first thing to remember is that none of us got obese overnight, and you won't lost it all overnight And yes, the band is supposed to reduce your hunger, but some of us feel the restriction right out of the gate. However, it's much more likely that you won't feel proper restriction until at least after your first fill, and maybe more than one, depending on how aggressively your doc does fills.

Going to the gym may help, and it certainly won't hurt, as long as you have been cleared to work out. Keep doing everything right. Be kind to yourself and try to relax, as hard as it is. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

pineview01
on 1/7/14 4:46 am, edited 1/7/14 5:59 am - Davison, MI

Do a search of "banders hell"  it is that time after surgery and when you get filled enough to feel full.  You have gone thru a WLS but are just as hungry as before.  It is a rough time.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lisawantstobehealthy
on 1/7/14 5:27 am

Thanks everyone.  I am glad I found this forum.  Feeling supported.

Most Active