long, long time gone,

lucky62756
on 12/18/13 8:16 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

hey everyone,,new and old.. Its been a very long time since i was on here.. Multiple back surgeries and a rotator cuff tear this past year..:(   I am not doing very well with my weightloss. Lap band on March 16th 2009 I am only down 40 pounds.. Gained alot back, went from 265 to 202...in 4 yrs. now everything went to bad since my back surgeries. I am struggling to stay below 225 now. I tried a small fill of .4cc three different times but got stuck and slimed every time I ate... Had some tests and band is in place with no leaks or slips... I am very down about not being able to loose anymore weight. I "was" the model Lap Band advocate. I never had any problems in the past 3 1/2 yrs.. praised the band to everyone. now I am so disappointed and beating myself up everyday for not loosing weight. I was thinking of having the band taken out and giving up. Hubby says maybe talk to the surgeon about having a revision.  I have Medicare (because of disablity due to my multible back problems) will they pay for a revision? Can I please get some feed back from my OH friends?...

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Bette B.
on 12/18/13 8:23 am

Your husband is on the right track. Talk to your surgeon about what's going on and how unhappy you are. See what his (her?) suggestions are.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Hislady
on 12/18/13 12:18 pm - Vancouver, WA

Hi Lucky good to see you again! I agree talk to your surgeon about a revision, the band hasn't worked for a lot of people so don't beat yourself up, it does no good whatsoever! Medicare does cover revisions so you shouldn't have a problem there. I know they cover RNY and sleeve not sure about DS but where you can't move well to exercise you may need to go to something with malabsorbtion like the RNY but that is something to discuss with your surgeon. I wish you the best, I know you worked very hard and lost for quite awhile so I'm sure you can do it again, just need a new, better tool.

lucky62756
on 12/18/13 6:37 pm - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

Thanks ladies: I sure do miss all of you, I just haven't had time to be online with all that has been going on in my life, I am going to make an appt, today for after the New Year. I will try and check in weekly with you all, I miss this board. Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! And thanks again for your replies. I know I can always count on you! Hugs always

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Alese M.
on 12/27/13 1:37 pm - FL

Listen to your doctor and possibly with the revision you can take the wt off your back issues.

My question...I am thinking back surgery,  Did the pain go away or do you have a new kind of pain from surgery?

Would love to hear back from you.

I am on Medicare from "old age" but don't know if a revision is covered...I bet so.

alese inFL

alese in SE FL    

Kate -True Brit
on 12/18/13 6:02 pm - UK

Sorry about all your problems. I agree with the others, don't beat yourself up, go and talk to your surgeon to work out your next step. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

lucky62756
on 12/18/13 10:19 pm - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

Just got an appt. for Jan. 9, 2014.  Feeling alittle better, first step to be healthy ( I hope)

Karen R.
on 12/19/13 4:21 am - Peoria, AZ

Lucky I'm so happy to hear from you. I do understand about surgeries, I've had several this year also. Don't feel bad about the band we can do everything perfect and still loose it. I am actually having mine removed tomorow due to medical issues. I'm not sure about revision but do talk to your dr.

I'm hoping you are feeling better and have a better 2014.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Karen

Stephanie M.
on 12/20/13 1:49 am

Hi Lucky!  You're not alone, many of us have lost our bands to complications...mine came out in June.  No revision is possible, but Medicare would have paid for one if I was a candidate.  I'm up about 15 lb, but determined to lose it after the holidays.

My band caused a lot of scar tissue and achalasia symptoms.  I have severe dilation of the esophagus as a result of the achalasia.  I still have symptoms.  My doctor says there's no guarantee the scar tissue won't come back.  

Hopefully you can revise, but be very certain that you're up to it.  With Lisa O's experience, I'm almost happy I can't revise.

Take care, 

Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

pineview01
on 12/22/13 12:51 pm, edited 12/22/13 12:53 pm - Davison, MI

Hi Lucky!  I remember you well.  We were banded about the same time.  I can just say been there done that.  I had my band removed 9/4/12 and was sleeved 1/22/13.  I am so happy with my sleeve. I had to wait at least 4 months between getting the band removed and getting a revision.  My surgeon does this to allow the stomach to heal and to reduce the risk of complications. PM if you would like to chat and you might also want to check out the failed band group.  Lot's of great info and stories from others that have walked in your shoes.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active