New To this process

caspiers
on 12/13/13 11:13 am

Hello, My name is Cheryl. I live in Western Arkansas and will have Lap-Band with Pilication on Dec. 17th. I have always been overweight, but it became a chronic issue after my first son was born 19 years ago. I have trouble recalling a time when I have not been overweight. I married my high school sweetheart 18 months ago and we have a 1 year old son. I want to be healthier for myself, but also for my family and be able to keep up with a growing boy.

I am thankful to find a place to express my thoughts, anxiety, fears, goals, defeats and happiness.

CElizabeth
on 12/14/13 7:51 am
VSG on 11/10/16

Hi Cheryl,

The lap band can work. I am living proof of that. I've had it for 6 1/2 years and I will admit many times I wished I didn't get it. But then, around year 4  I learned. I just learned that this is a part of me now. It's not coming out, if it does it will be because I'm getting an updated band.

It's not a surgery that works for everyone, but you have to give yourself time to lose the weight. It tooks years for me to lose, literally years. I had frustration, and you might too, but remember you can get thru it.  A healthy Life is possible with the band. I'm living proof.

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

Bette B.
on 12/14/13 10:48 am

Hi, Cheryl! I'm (gulp!) TEN YEARS out from my bnad surgery and maintaining a 170-pound loss. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Bette

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

TrulyInspired
on 12/15/13 6:05 am - Dania Beach, FL
VSG on 04/07/14

Hi  Cheryl,  my  name  is  Debbie.  I  live  in  Dania  Beach,  Florida  and  like  you,  I  am  Happy  that  this  web  site  exists.  Everyone  here  is  so  SUPPORTIVE  and  ENCOURAGING!  I  am  hoping  to  have  Lap-Band  surgery  soon.  I  have  just  completed  all  of  my  pre-op  testing  yesterday  so  we  will  be  submitting  everything  to  my  insurance  company  for  approval  and  a  date!  I  will  be  thinking  of  you  on  your  Special  day - (Dec 17th)   

Your  Friend,  Deb   

Most Active