BEST PROTEIN ON THE MARKET

chinadoll12
on 11/21/13 11:42 pm

My hair is falling out like crazy I need to take in more protein. Help!!!

Thanks,

Lisa,

Apex,NC

Bette B.
on 11/22/13 2:40 am

There is no "best", just what YOU will eat or drink. Find something you like and use it. That's an easy answer, but it really is the only answer.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

annie0039
on 11/22/13 5:11 am

Not sure Where you are  in your WLS Journey But it's going to Happen regardless of what you do anytime Major Surgery is done. 

On that Note you can buy an over the counter supplement called BIOTIN that seems to help for some. 

Otherwise eating High protein foods will help OR consuming High protein Drinks if your unable to eat.

The body NEEDS protein to heal ... Hope you find a solution to your hair loss problem.

chinadoll12
on 11/22/13 5:53 am

I'm 3 yrs out and have not lost that much weight. All of a sudden I'm shedding hair like a dog. I'm taking Biotin,and men's Rogaine per my Dr.

annie0039
on 11/22/13 11:26 am

Another point to make, has your Thyroid been checked ? I know hypothyroid will cause you to lose hair as well. I'm assuming it's been checked if your Doctor has prescribed  Rogaine. Go ahead and Google symptoms of Hypothyroid if any of them fit, I'd ask the doctor to do a more in Depth Thyroid panel. OR even Better yet consult an Endocrinologist.

Molly G.
on 11/24/13 11:46 am - West Friendship, MD

I didnt have the huge success with the band that others have had.  Went from  308 presurgery diet to 247 and then never lost any more weight.  I have had spells of losing hair through the weight loss.  At first the doctors suggested that your fat cells absorb and store a lot of bad stuff through the years, and when you start burning your fat regardless of protein intake it can cause hair loss because of those bad things stored in your fat cells.  Wish my explanation was more medical sounding.  Now I think i have thyroid issues which has started a new phase of hair loss. 

I regards to protein, I like Muscle Milk Light Chocolate (ready to drink), GNC Lean Orange or Strawberry.  There is a program called Ideal Protein, you have to join though and it is expensive, but it is delicious. 

Not sure this helps.  Take care

Most Active