band removed

sfnativewm
on 11/21/13 2:31 am

My bad was removed on Monday 11/18 and recovery is rough!!

I am glad it was removed, but I know it was a gift to me while I had it!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Karen R.
on 11/21/13 3:42 am - Peoria, AZ

I sure hope you're feeling better. I'm having mine removed on Dec.13. I really don't want to but I have no choice. It's done me good and I feel the way you do. it was a gift for my health.

Feel better soon.

Karen

Jean M.
on 11/21/13 9:00 am
Revision on 08/16/12

Ann,

I'm sorry your WLS journey has come to this. I can understand why your band removal is tougher than your original band surgery. Same was true for me. Man oh man, did I hate to see that little guy go. I hope you're feeling better soon, and please don't be a stranger here! We love you no matter what, with or without a band!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Stephanie M.
on 11/21/13 9:30 am

Mine came out in June, and most of my achalasia symptoms went with it.  I miss how it was my first year, but so relieved to be able to eat most foods.  The recovery from removal was longer, but well worth it to be able to eat fruit and veggies!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Coleen C.
on 11/21/13 9:50 am

I had my lap band implanted in 2009.  I haven't filled it in a couple of years due to overfilling every time.  My question is, will I need to remove my lap band at some point in time because I'm not filling it?  Or does it have to be removed merely because it's been in too long?  I'm confused why the lap band has to be removed.

cheyenne000
on 11/21/13 10:49 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Coleen, my doctor said there is no reason to have a band removed unless you are having a problem with it.

I had problems a couple of years ago due  to my fills being too big and my band tightening up,I had a complete unfill for a few months  I asked my doc to put no more than .5 at a time when we stared refilling. I have not had a problem since.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

annie0039
on 11/21/13 12:07 pm

Coleen the Band can be removed for a Multitude of reasons... A slip, Vomiting, refulx, unable to Eat, Pain,  Erosion into the stomach, Esophageal Dilation, NO recorded weight loss.

Perhaps looking at the Complications list from Allergan and the list of complications associated to the lap band a surgeon's guide will give you a better understanding of what to watch out for .

http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/lapband_dfu.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3038361/

Hope this helps!

Most Active