Band Over Bypass

rubye
on 1/1/14 7:30 pm - Mineral, VA

I did very well for the first 7 years with my rny. I began to have problems with my iron levels and b-12, and the docs thought that it was just a symptom of my rny. It got so bad that my family Doc finally sent me to the Hemo Doc and from there I had a transfusion and IV iron treatments. Needless to say, I was fatigued. I also saw my OBGYN because of heavy bleeding, ovarian cysts etc. had a partial hysterectomy. Iron problem solved. Now, my rny surgery.. I lost 100 pounds and did very well. At some point just before and then after my other surgery I began to regain, and have difficulty with the simple equation, as you put it. I am now at the 50% regain mark. I feel just like I did pre-rny. I try and fail. My fault 100%, I am not buying it. If weight loss was simple, I would have never sought the rny procedure in the first place. My starting weight there was 233. Mind you, I am a very tiny lady, and just turned 50, like I said in a previous post. I understand you are just being real, not judgmental. I appreciate the input frown

pineview01
on 1/1/14 1:02 pm - Davison, MI

I think I see the problem!  It is your are 50.  This is when I made the decision to get WLS in the first place.  Nothing that would work when I was younger to lose would help anymore.  Once you hit the point the RNY no longer mal-absorbs calories, keeping your weight under control is harder.  When you add to that your age and what that entails, things are so much harder.

I feel your pain.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

rubye
on 1/1/14 7:32 pm - Mineral, VA

Yes! Thank you!! I feel like I am at a huge road block. I never give up, but it is so disheartening to work so hard for such little results. 

heathercross
on 1/2/14 8:57 am - New York, NY

But keep in mind, the RNY was simple weight loss in the beginning, its not that way with the band.  You know how they say you have a 6 mos grace honeymoon period, with the band there is no such thing.  You maybe lucky to lose 1-2lbs a month.  Its tough.

rubye
on 1/2/14 11:04 pm - Mineral, VA

Boom! Thank you heathercross!!! There is the hard cold fact that I was looking forangry!! If I am looking at results like that which are equal to what happens naturally right now, I am opting out. 1-2 pounds a month is what I look at as is. Thank you so much!!

Most Active