After 5 yrs. How come I can eat TOO much food?

nele67
on 10/26/13 9:34 pm

Hello all, I had my Lap Band Surgery almost 6 yrs ago.  In the last year I can eat a big plate of food almost as much as I used to!

WHY? What should I do? I know.. eat less, but it takes that much to fill me now.

Mark

prek-3
on 10/27/13 4:34 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi mark,
I see you just joined OH today? I am also 6 years out October. 1, 2007.

Well, are you weighing and measuring your food? Sometimes we get comfortable and ease up on that.
Go back to basics. Weigh and measure your foods, solid protein first. I know when I have salad I can eat a lot of it ( which has always surprised me, but I was told salad has more water in it). If it's been a while since you last measured your food, portions have away of growing.
Are you staying hydrated? Getting enough water in?
Are you drinking with your meals? You push food out faster when we do this, you might be missing your "satisfied" feeling, making room to eat more food.
What you are eating, is it solid, not mushie? Solid protein should always be first.

When was your last "fill"? I recently went through this, maybe I need a "fill" , my "fill", left me too tight, and the reality was, I had fallen into head hunger. So once I became honest with myself, I had the "fill" removed. Perhaps in your case you need a "fill".

Are you attending support group meetings? Very important! Those basic rules are always being discussed.

Hope this helps,
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Mell
on 10/28/13 1:09 am

I was 6 years out October 8th...well I think that was the exact date!?

Heres to you 6th year out vets!!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Kate -True Brit
on 10/28/13 7:46 am - UK

If you can eat a big plate of food, why not get a fill? I personally have not needed a fill since I got to my goal weight but some people do. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 10/28/13 3:56 pm - Davison, MI

Have you been back to the doc to have your fill level checked?  Have you had and Upper GI to see if the band is where it belongs or if you have a dilation above the band.  Only a visit to the doctor will give you those answers.  If everything is OK then than you will need to look inside you for answers.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

feelinggod00
on 10/30/13 2:03 pm

Go see your surgeon. Being able to eat a lot of food suddenly can be a symptom of erosion. This is probably worst case scenario but should be check into. Best case is you just need a fill because as your lost weight the stomach gets smaller. With a proper adustment you should not be able to eat that much food.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/13 4:20 pm

Someone else beat me to it.  My biggest concern with a complaint like yours would be erosion.  The only way to diagnose it is an endoscopy.

Most Active