I have fallen and need to get back on

Betty J.
on 10/26/13 2:31 am - Waterville, MN
REALIZE Band on 03/08/12

I had my lap band done on 3/8/12. I first lost 45 pounds including the pre-op diet.

I did not like my doctor after I had the surgery, He was not very nice and scolded you when you ate something you shouldn't have. Well I don't need to be treated like a little kid and the reason I went to him was because I had a weight problem in the first place, hence I needed help not to be put down and made to feel worse about myself. So I started not making my appointments and the appointments got fewer and fewer until I have not been back. I never even made it to my 1st year anniversary with going to him.

Well now for the results. I have gained back 25 of the 45lbs I lost prior, so I'm mad  with myself. The doctor that did my surgery just recently moved so I have been starting to look for a different doctor to go to, to get back on track. I guess what I'm looking for is any advice I can get from anyone that has gone through the same situation.

Heaviest wt. 235- surgery wt-203

(Fallen trying to get back on)      Current wt= 215.

Edit   Delete  

Edit   Delete        

pineview01
on 10/26/13 9:48 am - Davison, MI

After surgery, we see the PA, RN and their aids.  Unless there are major problem you don't see the surgeon.  So I wouldn't have to deal with him talking down to me.  I loved the PA's and the RN, the rest of the staff changed and I don't like them.  I'm glad I have the sleeve now so I don't have to deal with them.  With my insurance, I can't go anywhere else unless I change PCP and I won't give her up.  She is great.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

annie0039
on 10/27/13 11:12 am, edited 10/27/13 11:13 am

you REALLY need to get another Surgeon. AFTERCARE with the band is 50% of the struggle.

And your correct you don't need a Doctor that scolds you, to me he doesn't seem to understand obesity. Unfortunately some of the Surgeons that do bands did it for the $$ not because they were True Bariatic surgeons or cared about the patients dealing with obesity.

one way to find a new Surgeon is to Locate a hospital with a Bariatric program (most have them) and then ask to attend one of their support meetings and speak to others that attend this will give you a guideline to finding someone that cares.

I think you know exactly what you need to do to get back on track which is FIND A GOOD SURGEON and start over, it can be done . But I'll also say KEEP AWARE of complications that can occur with a band and your Journey will hopefully be less eventful   than most.

Most Active