change in insurance

Ninaluv79
on 10/16/13 2:01 am

Hello Everyone,

I currently have Aetna insurance but I plan to change my insurance during open season next month to blue cross. I know the insurance would go into affect until Jan 2014 but i was wondering if there is a waiting period. like do i have to be covered under the insurance for 6 mths before they would approve me for the surgery?  thanks for your responses

annie0039
on 10/16/13 2:38 am

If your speaking in regards to having the Lap Band Surgery allot of times a 6 month supervised diet or History of one being done is usually needed PRIOR to approval anyway along with numerous other tests, stress test, swallow test, endoscopy etc..before a surgeon will do it. NOW if you've already gone through that? then you might not have to wait..

I can't answer that insurance question as most others here can't either.  ( ALL policies are different) What you need to do is call the insurance company once you have changed and ask directly if Bariatic services are covered, they are the only ones that can really tell you if a specific service is covered.

One thing to do is Research ALL the different Weight loss surgeries.enlightened

How much weight do you have to lose? what other medical issues do you have, if any  asleep apnea,high blood pressure, thyroid problems, History of auto immune diseases that run in your family Because the Band isn't always the answer. 

Good luck with your decision.

Most Active