MONDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 10/13/13 9:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Good Monday Everyone,

Hope your ready to begin a amazing week.    We ALL have so very much to be grateful for every day of our life....whether we realize it or not.   Everyday is a gift to us from God and we should be happy about it and not waste that day.    We are not guaranteed anything in this life.   Today I am so grateful for every new day I am blessed with.     Today will be a better day than yesterday,   I am SO grateful for my WLS.   Even though I am not where I would like to be weight wise ( number on the scale ) at least I am NOT where I was 9 yrs ago.    Grateful for all the people in my life who encouragement me daily and help me to make good choice for my life.    Grateful for all the good things and the not so good things also....those not so good things teach me very valuable lessons that I need in my life.    Grateful for my family, friends, Obesity Help and support groups which IMHO are SO very important in our journey to better health and a healthier weight.    PLEASE share if you will what you are grateful for today.   Have a blessed and safe day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Member Services
on 10/14/13 2:46 am - Irvine, CA

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/13 12:00 am

vivian may i ask if u can only eat 1 cup of food like the doctor's want to happen??

can u eat more than 2 cups of food? how about a regular $1 hamburger? are u able to finish that?

cant wait to learn and grow with u all!

Vivian Prouty
on 10/15/13 12:20 am - Fort Worth, TX

Yes....I can stop at 1 cup of food.   And depending on the type of food I am eating I can sometimes get close to eating 2 cups ( Usually salad ).    I can eat a regular $1 hamburger at McDonalds....for the most part eat all of it.    Sometimes I don't.   But I've learned over these 8 yrs. to "listen to my body".    Before I feel miserable ( which I may add....I rarely ever feel that ) I feel a feeling of satisfaction and I stop eating.    Last night I met a OH friend at the mall and we ate at the food court.    We both got a individual entree....I got about 4 oz. of a beef dish and I ate it all.    I was perfectly satisfiied with that and that is ALL I had.    I know it is difficult knowing how much to eat and what we should and shouldn't eat.    I know that ALL surgeon's don't educate their patients on what they should eat and how much.    That is why OH is so great.   I know LOTS have re-visions from lapband to other surgeries....but Lap Band DOES work !!!   My niece is living proof of that.   ALL the surgeries work but you have to eat and do what you are told for it to work for you.    I also believe that like anything else...one size doesn't fit all....by that I mean one surgery may be "right" for one person and wrong for someone else.    I'd say....if your a year out from lapband you probably haven't given it much of a chance.   Lap band patients usually take 3 yrs. to lose the weight that other WLS patients lose in 1 yr.    That is NOT saying that the weight can't come off in a year.    My niece last 125 lbs. in a year but she asked me how I ate and she really limited her foods and ate  very healthy small diet.    You just have to really watch what you put in your body and make wise healthy choices no matter what surgery you have.    Oh by the way....I rarely ever eat hamburgers....but when I do....it is a kiddie burger and I usually remove the top bun.    Please let me know if I can help you out.   I am a support group leader for OH and we ALL need all the encouragement and support we can get.   Be careful eating hamburgers with lapband.   Most I know have issues with bread,    Maybe you need to have a discussion with your bariatric surgeon about what you talked to us about today.    He is the expert and he can check your band to make sure you have restriction and get you back on track.   None of us need to feel like  failure but seriously....to get to where you want to get....it requires LOTS OF HARD WORK for a lifetime and good decisions.     Good luck to you and like I said...If I can help you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active