Steroids and weight loss

coconutatthebeach
on 10/12/13 11:20 am

Went to doctor and he gave me steroids to take for inflammation.........Steroids!!.............i can feel myself gaining already!! ...................expecting a gain on the scale over the next few days.........   

Have to remind myself that the wls journey is fraught with obstacles and challenges............ low valleys and high mountaintops................ steady and unsteady..........  

But as long as i keep on keeping on with my food and activity plan............ i have not deviated from the path............ i am on track ..................and everything will work out ......................

pineview01
on 10/12/13 12:27 pm - Davison, MI

You have the right attitude!    Gook Luck!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 10/12/13 2:04 pm - Vancouver, WA

If you are only on them for a short period of time it shouldn't be a big deal. I've been on prednisone since before April for my lungs and I've only gained 20 lbs and that is with no exercise. Just because it may make you feel hungry doesn't mean you have to eat or just eat something healthy. Too many people take it and use it as an excuse to eat junk and then they get in trouble. Now when people are on them for years at a time yes it will cause some gain but again, watch what you eat to have the best results.

coconutatthebeach
on 10/12/13 11:00 pm

Good news.............. This morning I have not gained any weight........... I'm the same.

I am continuing to follow my plan the same as always............

Most Active