Must Have's After Surgery

jettb
on 10/12/13 8:46 am, edited 10/12/13 12:25 pm
Lap Band on 10/09/13

Here's my list of Must Have's after my Lap Band surgery.  What's yours?

Diet guidelines ... same as my doctor's instructions, but on the web.

Lavender Scented Microwave Heat Wrap (for neck)

MyFitnessPal - Calorie counter, food and weight tracker, also for iphone and ipad.

Adkins Advantage French Vanilla, Strawberry Protein Shake

Boost Chocolate Protein Shake

Muscle Milk

Swanson Natural Goodness 100% Fat Free 33% Less Sodium Chicken & Beef Broth

Swanson Chicken Tortilla Broth

Gas-X Thin Strips

Elvolv Ultimate Cellular Nutrition - Full daily serving of fruits and vegetables in 2 oz liquid.

Kate -True Brit
on 10/12/13 7:21 pm, edited 10/12/13 8:12 pm - UK

How different we all are! I had nothing on your list! My must haves were a good blender, high protein foods like chick peas, lentils, loads of veggies.  Basically made my own soups until I could go back to normal foods. And I have never counted calories so never used MFP.  I did check protein and calories every now and then to make sure I was getting enough of the former and not too much f the latter. But t was always in a sensible range.

So this thread just makes the point that we all do what works for us! I hate the taste of artificial shakes etc and so, with my doc's blessing, never had them.  And for me, the band took away my need to count calories. (I do know many people find measuring and recording essential) 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 10/13/13 12:25 am - Davison, MI

Diet guidelines & instructions from Doc!

Many different protein powders!  Nectar Syntrax Cappuccino was my favorite.  I had way to much and am still using it 9 months out but, it was nice to have so much on hand to have something that I could stand.

Gas X and Miralax!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active