What do you think?

eyeluvme
on 10/11/13 4:35 am

Hello All!

I am a returning member from way back when but I can't remember my username and password so I had to start anew. I got my Lap-Band installed April 2008 and loved it! I still do like it. I lost almost 100 lbs before my one year bandiversary... then I got pregnant (which was the ultimate goal anyway). I only gained about 20lbs my entire pregnancy. My issue is that I can't seem to lose weight since having my daughter... 4 years ago! I haven't really gained which I'm thankful for but I can't lose either. I eat right about 85-90% of the time (when I can eat). I exercise religiously. I'm currently in my 6th month of a bootcamp program. I workout at least an hour everyday, sometimes twice a day. And not just light walking on a treadmill or stationary bike. I burn between 800 and 1000 calories each session. Before I started bootcamp I still worked out for an hour at least 3 times a week, just not as vigorously. And still NO LOSS! I just don't get it. Am I not getting enough calories? Can anybody shed light on this? HELP! TIA

Member Services
on 10/11/13 6:42 am - Irvine, CA

Hi,

We can help you with locating your old account if you would like it back. Email us at [email protected]

If you are not doing so be sure and take your measurements. A lot of times we lose inches when the scale is not moving.  Keep up the great work you are doing  

pineview01
on 10/11/13 10:16 am, edited 10/11/13 10:25 am - Davison, MI

Many new Moms come here saying the same.  Not sure why.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

vlp1968
on 10/12/13 10:47 pm

I think you may be right, not getting enough calories.  Sounds like you are burning a ton, which is great.  You may need to eat more to fuel all those workouts and burn fat.  Good luck!

cheynne03
on 10/14/13 6:52 am - West Monroe, LA
Hi there, I have had my band since 2008 and I lost about 75 lbs. I also do bootcamp, 4 times per week and I love it. However, in the last year and 3 mos I have lost 0 lbs. I thought as you, I am not able to eat enough calories, so I had my band emptied of all fluid but 2 cc's. Continue to exercise like a mad woman and have lost 0 lbs. As a matter of fact, have probably gained about 5 lbs since having fluid removed. I think having the band has ruined my metabolism. I just don't get it. I wont stop the bootcamp because I am addicted and I am healthy. I just wish I could lose weight.

Theresa
pineview01
on 10/14/13 1:21 pm - Davison, MI

I know this is frustrating.  But with doing bootcamp are your cloths loser.  My DD that is sleeved was stopped at 2 years out.  She went into work out hard chore.  She hasn't gained or lost a single pound in almost 2 years and is even wearing larger pants. But, she is firmer as her butt is up were it belongs instead of having flab hanging on her legs.  She needs the bigger pants due to her higher firmer butt.  So even though not losing she is stronger and firmer all over.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active