AND YOURRRRRRRR OUT!

krinannie
on 9/4/13 9:05 am - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

Had a doc appointment yesterday and indeed, the band will come out on Monday. He had no qualms with me having it removed, told me my options and let me go from there. i will not be getting any new procedure, just a removal and back to normal life. I work just as hard with weight loss banded as not and so I am ready to go it alone...with my trainer and gym rat/hikingrat/kayakingrat/bikingrat friends.

Nic M
on 9/4/13 9:28 am

Best of luck. You're probably going to feel better after it's removed. 

pineview01
on 9/4/13 11:47 am, edited 9/4/13 11:48 am - Davison, MI

Congratulations!  Wishing you a safe and healthy surgery, recover and the rest of your life.  YOU will most likely do great on your own as you have learned many life lessons, including hard work.

For me, I was sleeved 4.5 months after band removal and am very happy.  I did well the first couple months on my own. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

JudyAz
on 9/4/13 12:37 pm - FL

Wishing you good luck on Monday and a speedy recovery. You are an inspiration to me with all your activities as I can barely get thru my cardio! 

gorditabonita
on 9/4/13 1:01 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

Good luck....I pray that everything goes smoothly.

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Kate -True Brit
on 9/4/13 6:22 pm - UK

Very best wishes.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Lisa O.
on 9/5/13 3:01 am - Snoqualmie, WA

I hope your removal goes as smoothly as mine did.  You'll be amazed how much easier recovery is when you're not hauling around all that extra weight! 

Sounds like you have adopted a new way of living and that should see you through even while un-banded.  Keep to the band rules even though you won't have a band.  I wish I had done a better job of that but sadly I have been gaining weight rapidly.

Best of luck!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

krinannie
on 9/5/13 3:30 am - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

Thanks you everyone. Life today looks like this:

3-4 times a week doing CrossFit. Golf, hiking biking and/or kayaking on the weekend.  I love being outside again> iw as active in my youth and through my 20's before other thigns got the best of me and I went up over the years to 319 and sendentary. Even though I ahve only ever been down between 50-70 pounds, it was enough for me to be able to move again. I started just before banding trying to walk 5k races once a month. I added kayaking. Then rock climbing and hiking. Then I went to nepal and trekked for 8 days to the base of Mount Everest to an altitude of 17,800 feet! Now I am training for a trek to the ruins of Machu Picchu in peru and I know taht with good nutrition and the current workouts I can lose the remaining 79 pounds I want to lose and  enjoy my 4 day trek more than the Eversest trek. How do I post a picture? I cannot remember.

Hislady
on 9/5/13 5:38 am - Vancouver, WA

You are going to do great with all the lifestyle changes! I've actually lost weight with my band unfilled because I can eat healthy now. Hope your surgery goes smoothly and recovery is quick and close to painless.

krinannie
on 9/5/13 11:58 pm - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

I told my sister that I cannot wait to be able to eat....A WHOLE STEAK! I have no desire to eat bad things, just enough good things.

Most Active