I Need cottage cheese ideas

prek-3
on 2/4/13 6:43 pm - Hollywood, FL
I know, really cottage cheese?!? I like that it packs a punch of protein and I typically add my cantelop to it. But was wondering what other ideas can be done with it?
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

vlp1968
on 2/4/13 8:07 pm

I like pineapple or unsweetened apple sauce with cottage cheese.

LilSleeved
on 2/4/13 8:51 pm

Avocado!  I love Avocado in my cottage cheese!  YUM!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

sesmith
on 2/4/13 9:19 pm

add splenda and cinnamon for a dessert taste, good on toast or alone. also add sugar free jam.  or cut up peppers and scallions, and put on salad. Now I want to but cottage cheese.

pineview01
on 2/5/13 12:38 am - Davison, MI

I use cottage cheese instead of Riccotta most times.  This is from Eggheads blog.

Shelly's Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

prek-3
on 2/5/13 6:53 am - Hollywood, FL

OMG this sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

tthomps3
on 2/5/13 12:42 am

I love it with cucumbers and tomatoes cut up in it with lots of pepper. YUMMY!

Stephanie M.
on 2/5/13 2:50 am

I use ff cottage cheese in my zucchini lasagna filling.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Hislady
on 2/5/13 7:14 am - Vancouver, WA

I'm with you I LOVE cottage cheese could eat it all day, I put salsa in mine. I bet if you googled it you' find tons of recipes. I used to have a whole page of recipes but it got lost with my bookmarks thanks to OH. Good luck!

SueBee01
on 2/5/13 10:03 am, edited 2/5/13 10:03 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Here is a great dessert idea! Take a container of cottage cheese and add to it any flavor of SF jello and a small can of SF fruit (strained). Stir it all together and let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours. It firms up a little.
 Sue

Most Active