Port obvious after tummy tuck?

mommyslittlemonster
on 10/4/12 7:27 am - Stanwood, WA
Hello all,
I am getting a mommy makeover in the next month or so and  I am very concerned with how exposed my port may be with the tummy tuck portion. Anybody been through this? I need some advice!

Thanks!
110 pounds down and still going!

kathkeb
on 10/4/12 9:22 am
 My plastic surgeon moved my port a little bit ...I can feel it, but it does not protrude and no one else knows it is there.

Good luck, I love, love, love my flat tummy!!!
Kath

mommyslittlemonster
on 10/4/12 12:18 pm - Stanwood, WA
 Thanks! Did you have a tummy tuck or a lower body lift?

kathkeb
on 10/5/12 1:07 am
I had a full tummy tuck (removed/replaced my belly button, muscle tightening, lifting of the mons, removal of pannis)

I have a hip to hip bikini-line incision that is almost invisible after 6 months.

I have a little puffiness between the belly button and mons and my surgeon follows me for a year, so at month 10 if that is still there, he will lipo it out -- but honestly after being obese for 35 years, I am thrilled with my results.

My surgeon uses a technique called 'Progressive Tension Suturing' -- so I had no drains when I was discharged.  I had a pain pump that delivered anesthetic for about 2 days, then I removed it (It is a teeny tiny catheter attached to a package of medication that drips into your incision area -- when the medication runs out, you take off the bandaid and pull out the catheter -- you are numb so you don't feel a thing).

I wish you the best of luck with your makeover --- I would do the tummy tuck again in a flash!!!
Kath

mommyslittlemonster
on 10/5/12 3:15 am - Stanwood, WA
 That's the awesome. That's the same technique the surgeon I'm thinking about uses. 

whithark
on 10/5/12 1:25 am - Bristol, RI
Just wanted to say good luck! I'm so jealous, can't wait for that day to come from me! Since having my twins last year my stomach is a mess!
Jaime 

Stephanie M.
on 10/5/12 1:58 am

Congrats on the twins and I'm sure they were worth it!  My daughter has triplets born at 31w6d that are 14 now...her tummy is worse than mine due to terrible stretch marks and blown rectus  muscles.  She hopes to save for a tummy tuck once they're all out of braces, lol.  Her first baby was 9lb and 23in and she was 54 inches around, with the girls she was 62 in around the day before delivery, which is her height!  She wears a 14p and would wear a 10 if her tummy wasn't such a mess!  She says its her badge of honor from having 4 babies in 27 months!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

mommyslittlemonster
on 10/5/12 3:15 am - Stanwood, WA
mommyslittlemonster
on 10/5/12 3:17 am - Stanwood, WA
On October 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM Pacific Time, whithark wrote:
Just wanted to say good luck! I'm so jealous, can't wait for that day to come from me! Since having my twins last year my stomach is a mess!
 Thank you! It's been six loooooong years!

Most Active