Looking for anyone who's had Lap-Band who has NC/Medicaid

jrobin14
on 1/20/12 4:45 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi I have already had RNY but I have a close friend that is on medicaid and she is wanting to have surgery but we were waiting on medicaid to start doing the surgery again, which I see has happened but she was going to go with my surgeon but the have chosen this time around not to deal with medicaid. What doctor are you seeing if you do not mind me asking?

tmcmillianwalker
on 1/20/12 4:20 pm - Mount Airy, NC

I contacted a center in charlotte and they still haven't heard anything from medicaid.  How does that work?  I would think the doctors would know by now if medicaid is covering the lap band or not and just submit the claim.  They can go to the same site that my family physician went to see if it was going to be covered or not.  I suppose I am anxious to get on with it and I feel like that has me on "hold".

Donna S.
on 1/22/12 8:42 am - Elkin, NC
I was just on the website for Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston and it states they do take Medicaid.  I have not looked into what the qualifications for it as of yet.  I am hoping to be able to have the surgery myself.  I have just started looking into it.  In my case I am hoping to be able to have this done within the year.  Good Luck!!
mrskelley
on 4/13/13 8:55 pm - NC

I live in Salisbury NC, I attended a seminar in Charlotte a couple of years ago, and I do qualify as does my son..we are both diabetics and need this procedure desperately.

At that time Medicaid was covering it. Then they stopped. Then I talked to Stanly Weight Loss Surgical Center in Albemarle, they explained the six month program and then said we could have the surgery after we completed that.

Then we were called and our appts were canceled, they said they have been having problems receiving THEIR reimbursements from medicaid from surgeries they have been doing, so I don't know if its just that one clinic or across the board...if anyone has any information please share.

Thank you so very much and good luch to all!!

mrskelley
on 4/13/13 8:59 pm - NC

Wake Forest/ Baptist has always been really good about accepting Mediaid, did you find out anything. Please let me know. I would appreciate it so very much.

PHATTY1978
on 9/24/12 11:55 am - DURHAM, NC
HI IM NEW HERE BUT YES THERE STILL IS A HOLD ON THE MEDICAID BARIATRIC SURGERY APPLICATIONS AS OF YESTERDAY. I SUBMITTED MY APP TO DUKE IN JULY 2012. IM SO READY TO GET THIS OVER WITH. IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OR HEAR ANYTHING ELSE ABT WHATS GOING ON, PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO FILL ME IN AND I WILL DO THE SAME. THANKS!!!
mrskelley
on 4/13/13 8:57 pm - NC

I am so tickled about your screen name Phatty. Dont' be so mean to yourself. It sounds just like me. I HAVE to do something. When I called Stanly Weight Loss in Albemarle aout three months ago, they were so gung ho about it all, then this hold came and they canceled both me and my son. If you here anything please pass it on. Thank you.Good luck

Most Active