8 minutes in the morning...new info

Jo 1962
on 11/14/11 11:37 pm - NearHouston, TX
Aaack..I am walking tenderly this week after using Jorge's book.  I've found some of the exercises a little difficult for my knees (or rather  my *lack* of knee caps).  I was grumbling about this to my coworker when she told me HER book had DIFFERENT exercises.  ohhhh?? She brought in her copy:  (cont'd below)

Being specifically designed for people who want to lose 30lbs or more.  After feedback from his first book, many women wrote that the exercises were too hard on heavier set people, especially the KNEEs.  So, I'm switching books after the first week to this one.  I could've modified some of the exercises too since my coworker let me borrow her book, but I ordered my own copy to be here in a week.

For example:  yesterday's exercise was 4 sets each of two exercises:  knee pushups and "bird dog" (on all fours pointing 1 arm & lifiting opposite leg) 

the ALTERNATE exercise from his updated book:    wall pumps (standing next to wall) and "superman hold"  ..basically a "bird dog" using a chair in the standing position.

have a great week y'all!

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Lisa O.
on 11/15/11 12:39 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Good job, Jolena!

Those are all exercises my personal trainer gave me and you will notice a big difference eventhough it's only 8 minutes a day.  All of us, (especially those of us that sit at a desk all day), need to strengthen our Gluts and the muscles in our upper back.  I never realized how much my frame depends on these muscle groups to support my posture and lower back.  The gluts are also really important for walking and climbing.  I always thought I needed to focus on my legs for walking, etc, but it all starts in the gluts! 

Keep up the good work and thanks for the information. 

I'm really proud of you that you continue to work so dilegently toward your goals!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Jo 1962
on 11/15/11 12:49 am - NearHouston, TX
On November 15, 2011 at 8:39 AM Pacific Time, Lisa O. wrote:
Good job, Jolena!

Those are all exercises my personal trainer gave me and you will notice a big difference eventhough it's only 8 minutes a day.  All of us, (especially those of us that sit at a desk all day), need to strengthen our Gluts and the muscles in our upper back.  I never realized how much my frame depends on these muscle groups to support my posture and lower back.  The gluts are also really important for walking and climbing.  I always thought I needed to focus on my legs for walking, etc, but it all starts in the gluts! 

Keep up the good work and thanks for the information. 

I'm really proud of you that you continue to work so dilegently toward your goals!

Lisa O.

Thanks Lisa!   So, using this book is kinda like having my own personal trainer heh heh heh...i *really* wouldnt mind if he *really* WAS here teaching me but I'd be too distracted LOL

It can still all be frustrating just going by the scale alone.  I still can't change the weight on my ticker but I DO like the way my jeans fit this morning.  

last small unfill.

Lisa O.
on 11/15/11 1:54 am - Snoqualmie, WA
I know what you mean!  I actually gained weight when I started working with the trainer!  But, I know that I was adding muscle and that's important too!

It will all even out in the end AND I love feeling stronger!

L.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Colleen S.
on 11/15/11 7:35 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
I can relate, I have a bad knee too and I could not do todays exercise.   And yesterday, I still have way too much weight to lift my body up for push ups.   I did it, but I was afraid of the strain it did to me.  I was having trouble seeing clearly for a while afterwards.  I got the tapes instead of the book and it said after you do the 28 days, you can pick out the exercise you like and create your own program, so I have been substituting and doing something else for the ones I have trouble with.  

I can already tell the difference of how I feel in just one week.   I have much more energy and ambition to do things.  I have tried many things and always fizzle out.  I really think this is something I can stick with for a while.  I just love it!

Thanks for the Info, Jolene.

Jo 1962
on 11/15/11 12:23 pm, edited 11/15/11 12:38 pm - NearHouston, TX
On November 15, 2011 at 3:35 PM Pacific Time, Colleen S. wrote: I can relate, I have a bad knee too and I could not do todays exercise.   And yesterday, I still have way too much weight to lift my body up for push ups.   I did it, but I was afraid of the strain it did to me.  I was having trouble seeing clearly for a while afterwards.  I got the tapes instead of the book and it said after you do the 28 days, you can pick out the exercise you like and create your own program, so I have been substituting and doing something else for the ones I have trouble with.  

I can already tell the difference of how I feel in just one week.   I have much more energy and ambition to do things.  I have tried many things and always fizzle out.  I really think this is something I can stick with for a while.  I just love it!

Thanks for the Info, Jolene.
"I can already tell the difference of how I feel in just one week.   I have much more energy and ambition to do things. "

LOL Why is it that I don't see something in myself until I see in it somone else? When I read what you wrote, Colleen, I realized that the zip in my step the past few days is because of the exercise. I feel a hundred eyes rolling and folks saying "duh"...

Thanks for joining this with me. My past history doesn't reflect much stick-to-it-ivity but...I'm not done with me yet. I really want to stay with this!

To our success!!
Jolena

last small unfill.

kathkeb
on 11/15/11 10:03 am
Thanks for the info --- I want to start working on my core especially.

I am thinking of having a tummy tuck in March and I want to go into it being as strong as I can be.

Keep updating us on your progress!!!!
Kath

Jo 1962
on 11/15/11 12:29 pm - NearHouston, TX
On November 15, 2011 at 6:03 PM Pacific Time, kathkeb wrote:
Thanks for the info --- I want to start working on my core especially.

I am thinking of having a tummy tuck in March and I want to go into it being as strong as I can be.

Keep updating us on your progress!!!!
You're welcome Kathy!  I've learned so much from this site and you wonderful vets that hang around to pay it forward. Well, technically I'm a vet now too I guess. I'm in good company.

last small unfill.

carriesb
on 11/15/11 2:32 pm
So you can modify to not go on the ground? I might have to look into this. I can't do much exercise I have a really large umbilical incisional hernia and I need to have it repaired but I need to lose a bit more weight so I would like to do some kind of working out.
Most Active