Jorge Cruise...Talk about Eye Candy

Jo 1962
on 10/28/11 11:40 am - NearHouston, TX

Seriously though, I really like this guy! I thought this was good info worth passing on.

Jorge Cruise's Fast-Food Diet

Craving burgers and pizza? How to eat the takeout you love -- and still lose big.

By Jorge Cruise

Read more: Jorge Cruise - Fast Food Diet - Good Housekeeping

Hooray! No more Whopper guilt. With this guide, you can order fast food as often as once a day without sabotaging your diet. The secret is choosing the right menu items -- and that can be tricky. A salad, for example, can seem superhealthy but be packed with calories. Your safest bet: Stick with the low-cal, tasty options I've chosen for you here.

The plan: To lose weight, you should consume about 1,400 calories a day. So I've suggested breakfast, lunch, and dinner foods that are around 400 calories each. I've also listed 100-cal snacks, which you may eat twice daily. Follow this plan and you can lose up to two pounds a week.

The caveats: Yes, you can eat some fast food -- but forget hitting the drive-through seven days a week. My picks are good for weight loss, but they are not as nutritionally balanced as a meal you might cook at home. So if you eat, say, a Subway breakfast, load up on fruits and veggies at your other two meals. And don't forget: Drink plenty of water and take a daily multivitamin. Ready to start? Just print out this guide and sta**** in your car.

Breakfast:

• Jack in the Box Breakfast Jack sandwich and an orange juice
  • Jamba Juice Strawberry Whirl all-fruit smoothie (30-ounce size)
  • McDonald's Sausage Burrito and Apple Dippers (without the caramel dipping sauce!)
  • Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Minis and a fruit cup • Subway Western Egg with Cheese on a Deli Roll with extra veggies

Skip Fancy Coffee!

Our rule of thumb: If it's frothy and fun, the cals are a ton. For example: Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Mocha, 510 calories.

Jorge's Picks: Lunch

• Burger King Six-Piece Chicken Tenders and a Side Garden Salad with Ken's Light Italian Dressing (use only half the packet)
  • Dairy Queen Grilled Chicken Salad with fat-free dressing and a package of crackers
  • Taco Bell Grilled Steak Tacos Fresco Style (two orders) with guacamole
  • Boston Market Roasted Turkey with a side of green beans
  • Blimpie Six-Inch Ham and Swiss Sub on wheat bread, no mayonnaise
Sandwich Smarts

Ask for extra veggies (packed with fiber, they'll help you feel full longer). Add calorie freebies like mustard, vinegar and pepper.

Jorge's Picks: Dinner

• McDonald's McChicken Sandwich and a side salad with low-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing (use only half the packet)
  • KFC Tender Roast Filet Meal, which comes with green beans and rice
  • Dairy Queen BBQ Pork Sandwich and a side salad with fat-free dressing
  • Pizza Hut Fit N' Delicious Ham, Pineapple & Diced Red Tomato Pizza. Eat two and a half slices, then save the leftovers for another meal or the kids' lunches.
  • Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad

Pizza Tips

Thin-crust pies have lower calorie counts. And if you ask, some places will use reduced-fat cheese.

The Fittest French Fries

Which of your favorite fast-food joints sells the "slimmest" small order? We're crowning Burger King fries the winner, at 230 calories. Close behind: KFC Potato Wedges, 240 calories. The most fattening fries: the Arby's Homestyle version, 302 calories.

Super Snacks

For your twice-a-day treats, check out these easy 100-calorie options -- all available at most gas stations.

• 1 Jell-O Brand Smoothie Snack
  • 4 Tootsie Roll Midgees
  • 1 Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack (any variety)
  • 1 Yoplait Light Smoothie
  • 7 chocolate-covered almonds

Calorie Shockers

NO
KFC 770 calories
Chicken Pot Pie
Yes:                   360 calories
                            Original Chicken Sandwich, no sauce

NO: 
Subway 560 calories
6-Inch Meatball Marinara Sandwich
Yes:                 220 calories
                          Roast Beef Deli Sandwich

NO:
Taco Bell 860 calories
Fiesta Taco Salad
Yes:                               300 calories
                                        2 Fresco-Style Crunchy Tacos

NO:
Burger King 630 calories
BK Big Fish Sandwich
Yes:                               290 calories
                                        Hamburger

NO:
Arby's 880 calories
Market Fresh Chicken Salad Sandwich
Yes:          410 calories
                  Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet Sandwich

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

MARIA F.
on 10/28/11 5:12 pm - Athens, GA

I was in NY last wk. and they list the calories on the menus. I think all states should require that. Kind of scary to realize how many calories are in certain things! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 3:23 am
Maria,

I live in NY and I remember when they first started listing the calories.  I was out with friends at the Cheescake Factory, of all places.  I was totally confounded by ALL the calories!!!  It really made me pause and select my meal carefully.  And the scariest calorie counts?  SALADS!!!!

Diane
MARIA F.
on 10/30/11 5:32 am - Athens, GA

It is quite a shock to see the calorie count in some foods we love. Cheesecake Factory is awesome! And yes...........some of the "healthy food" is not that healthy.............SO GO FOR THE CHEESECAKE! ;-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active