One Year Anniversary...pics

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 8/26/11 8:28 am - Alamosa, CO
Jolena!  You look great!  Please give yourself a break.  Everyone loses at their own pace you have done so well.  Sounds like you are doing everything right...it's just that you are so lovable that even you fat doesn't want to leave you!  Just the fact that you are having tons of sex is a huge bonus... I am jealous!  

As for exercise, I would suggest that you try to lift some weights.  Muscle burns more calories than fat, and weight training can be very low to no impact.  While our leg and butt muscles are the biggest in our bodies, and consequently burn the most calories, you can still work your back, abs, arms and shoulders never even standing up.  Most leg exercises are very low impact and some you can do in a seated position.  Too many times we are told to walk and do cardio, and that is good for our hearts, but strength training is far better for losing weight.  I have lost 95 lbs in my first year and I do VERY LITTLE CARDIO, but I do lots of strength training.

I know you weren't asking for advice, but you sounded so down on yourself I thought that this might help...if not, just ignore it!  Keep up the great work!  Congrats on your anniversary! 
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

Jo 1962
on 8/27/11 4:48 am - NearHouston, TX
Thanks Jean and anji....all you folks are geat :)  Anji: no what you said was very sweet :) ...and appreciated...I do have plenty of small weights around.  

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Most Active