2+ years out and need a kick start!

scp000
on 6/20/11 11:32 am - Columbus, OH
Hey guys-
It's been a while since I've been here, which is always a sign that things aren't going well for me.

In a nutshell, I had great success post-op for about a year and a half after surgery. Then I had a serious band issue that landed me in the ER and have struggled to get good restriction ever since.

Earlier this year, I lost my job. At first I took advantage of my time off and really kicked my working out into gear - it was awesome! Then I decided to go back to school and the stress of everything just pushed me over the edge and I've gone downhill ever since.

I'm now in week 2 of working out again. I'm going to start working again and making money, so hopefully that stress will be over. I need to work to get back to good restriction because right now I have none and just eat like crazy. I know it's all stress, but I need to get past that so I can reduce the stress - gaining a lot of weight is NOT helping me reduce stress!

The kicker tonight was that my mom e-mailed me about shopping for clothes and asked if I was wearing plus sized clothes again. I am not, but am close, and I haven't worn plus size for a year and a half.

Any inspirational words would be much appreciated. As well as some tips to get myself back on track. I know it's continuing the workouts, getting good restriction, and possibly going to a support group.

Thanks all!

Banded on April 8, 2009

Weight at very beginning: 308; at time of surgery: 295

My goals - based on weight at time of surgery
- BMI under 40 - no longer morbidly obese (261 pounds or -34 pounds) Achieved 6/20/09; 10.5 weeks post-op
- Halfway point!  232.5 pounds or -62.5 pounds Achieved 10/8/09; 26 weeks post-op
- BMI under 30 - no longer obese AND under 200 pounds (-96 pounds) Achieved 7/8/10; 65 weeks post-op
- BMI of 26 - 170 pounds (-125 pounds)
vlp1968
on 6/20/11 7:49 pm
Well, you seem to know exactly what you need to do. I would think about adding some kind of counseling, with someone who specializes in eating disorders. You need to learn healthy ways to deal with stress. Hopefully you have insurance that will cover it. That is awsome you are working out. Work on gradually increasing the duration/intensity of your workouts. You can do this! Keep up the good work.
sesmith
on 6/20/11 9:24 pm
 Try to focus on ways to pamper yourself. Eat the best you can. It will happen.
barbara314
on 6/20/11 9:59 pm
You know what you need to do.  Go back to the rules and start today.  It's great that you got back to working out.  Review your DR's instructions and just do it.  You've gained some weight, but not all of it.  

Psyche yourself up.  You've done this before.  You can do it again.  I'm a firm believer in journaling everyday.  It's my opportunity to make a daily vow to treat myself right and make the day count.  

Don't think about yesterday.  It's in the past.  Don't think about tomorrow.  It hasn't happened yet.  Just focus on TODAY.  And make it count.

Good luck!
~ Barbara 

Most Active