SINNERS!!! Are you "rapture ready"?

justjudy
on 5/20/11 5:37 am - Canton, MI
Actually, those of us who aren't good enogh to be rapture-ready (and I am guessing if you posted here, that means YOU) have to suffer along for another seven years before we get our final judgment. 

I figure just about the time my first social security check rolls in, the judgment day will arrive and all those years of paying in for my hard work will go to hell.

Judy

-Mari-
on 5/20/11 6:51 am
I thought it was 2012, what the heck was the movie for, if not. LOL The Mayans did say Dec 2012 after all.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Mags W.
on 5/20/11 9:17 am
Actually the Mayan thing is a load of crap too.  There have been papers published by those who studied the mayan calendar and have spoken to mayan people (apparently, there are still mayan people out there!) and the mayans aren't worried and think it's much adu over nothing.  Apparently the calendar rolls over, like ours do at the end of each year.  *shrug*

This Family Radio guy, Harold Camping, is 85, has written 30 books, amassed an estimated worth of $70 million, and wrongly predicted the end of the world i***** in his book "1994?".  Their website is great about that part though, they clear it up saying that he said in the book it would be in 2011 if it wasn't i*****    He's basing this all on "biblical numberology".. personally I'd rather see Tom Hanks dressed as Robert Langston explaining this numberology stuff, at least he's worth looking at..

From what I gather (in reading Huffington Post articles on it), he's predicted that at 6pm there will be an earthquake of unpresidented size will begin in New Zealand/Fiji and make its way around the world, opening graves and bringing the dead believers out of the ground to be raptured among the living.  He says there will be 200 million raptured.. that number seems really low to me, but again, I'm not the prophet what do I know.  Those left behind will not be conscious of it, however will live among the dead in a state of "mortal terror" (his words, not mine****il God destroys the earth in a ball of fire 6 months later.  How pleasant.

He released a statement today saying the time he publicised for months was wrong, and he now believes it will occur at 6pm local time in New Zealand, so 11pm PDT/1am CDT/2am EDT.  I may stay up and watch MSNBC, see if they have a live feed in NZ or something...

I was talking to a friend of mine about this.  I was so traumatized by religion as a child I shake when I think about what he's predicting.  The logical part of my brain thinks it's malarky, but the traumatized 12 year old inside me is huddled in the fetal position crying.   We both want ice cream, at least theres a common bond.

-Mari-
on 5/20/11 11:05 am
The facts are no one knows, so if anyone has a prediction that's all crap. Remember when everyone thought 2000 was IT?
BTW I'm going when the time comes!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Ms_Swoosh
on 5/20/11 1:33 pm - Indian Trail, NC
I'm with you Mari, Like Daddy says...no one knows but Him when the time arrives...and guess what?  Ready or not that's when its gonna happen... :)   Could it be tomorrow?  Sure I guess (but I expect not)  Could it be in December on the date people have set then? Perhaps.....but I doubt it....It will come like a wind without notice, and then we will know His presence :) 

.....just my views :)

Swoosh :)
I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

reneekennedy11
on 5/20/11 4:54 pm - CA
"The fact of the matter is... we are all a heartbeat away from eternity. Whether you stand before God on May 21st, or whether you stand before Him 50 years from now, is irrelevant in the scope of eternity. The important thing isn’t when you stand before God; it’s where you stand with God." --Will Graham, grandson of Billy Graham, when asked about "doomsday" predictions.
cheyenne000
on 5/20/11 11:23 pm, edited 5/20/11 11:27 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
Ok, so  woke up and I am still here, its May 21st does anyone know what time I need to expect this. (do I have time for a shower and to fix my hair ) really hate to be caught naked in the shower. But I am rapture ready

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Bette B.
on 5/21/11 2:01 am
 According to Harold Camping, the COLIC (crazy old loon in charge), it would happen at 6 pm YOUR time.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Stephanie M.
on 5/21/11 2:14 am
So we on the west coast will have 3 hours notice!!!! 

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/11 4:23 am - San Diego, CA
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!  I have time to head for the hills!
Most Active