OT - prayer request for my DH - UPDATE

Jo 1962
on 4/13/11 11:15 pm, edited 4/14/11 6:04 am - NearHouston, TX
My husband is going on a job interview today at 2pm (central time) for a paramedic company down the road from us. He is quite nervous, as he's been out of work for the past two years, partly because of  a year off due to throat cancer, which he's now recovered from.  I personally believe in affirmative prayer and would ask that any of you out there that believe in the power of prayer would add yours to mine for a successful outcome.  I very very much appreciate it.

I also send my affirmations out  for anyone else on this board who is in the same boat!  Thank you so much

Update: Well ..Crapola.  Thanks for the prayers...He's going to need the boost now.   He just called me and told me that the company is not hiring after all and is just going to put his application on file. Sigh. They have alot of nerve for jerking him around...b/c on the phone, the guy said he WAS trying to get a third truck going and needed to hire a new guy AND when he gets there, the interviewer kept him waiting for 30 minutes past the appointment time. 

Well, at least I'm glad we're not kept waiting and wondering if he was hired or not so now he can just go down the list to the next hopeful paramedic outfit.

I'm wondering if his cancer has anything to do with it.  Are people afraid to hire cancer survivors?  Jeeez.

Thanks for listening. ..and thanks for the prayers.  He aint giving up yet. Just disappointed today.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

kyramae
on 4/13/11 11:20 pm
 Prayer said and so happy to hear that your DH beat his cancer.  Wishing for the best outcome on his interview! 

Treat yourself with kindness

psychomom
on 4/13/11 11:22 pm - China Grove, NC
Done ! Sending employment vibes your way $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL :)  Let us know how it goes !

barbara314
on 4/13/11 11:34 pm
 Prayers are on the way...
~ Barbara
dawnmarieNJ
on 4/13/11 11:40 pm
Prayers and positive job vibes comin' at you......

Good Luck to your husband!!!!

You can't go back and make a brand new start, but you can start from now and make a brand new end. 

Stephanie M.
on 4/13/11 11:56 pm
Let us know how it goes!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 12:14 am - Des Moines, IA
Sending some positive prayers your way!  Keep us updated!
Ms_Swoosh
on 4/14/11 1:43 am - Indian Trail, NC
Sending prayers your way :) Keep us posted :)
Swoosh
I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

happy-mommy
on 4/14/11 2:10 am - MD
Saying a prayer for your husband!
Jo 1962
on 4/14/11 2:18 am - NearHouston, TX
Thank you all so much! you bet I will keep y'all posted....

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Most Active