first fill 3.75 cc and dont feel much restriction

NtheGame
on 3/29/11 10:50 am
I'm kind of confused and need your input. Yesterday,  I got my first fill under flouroscope and  was emptied ou from what litle was there from surgery 5 weeks ago, t then filled back up to 5 cc in a 10 cc band.  My dr. and I watched the barium flow thru on the xray screen, at first it wasn't flowing well enough, then he loosened it down  to 3.75 and the barium passed better yet still slowly at that point.  I am to go for another adjustment is a month.  I've done fluid diet since yesterday morning and ate solid meal this evening, about 1/2 cup of soft mushies.  I don't feel much restriction and felt like I could've eaten more, but didn't b/c I didn' t want to overd it.  Is this normal?   I feel satiated, just not "full".   
 NtheGame      
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 10:59 am - Des Moines, IA
I have never felt "full" like before the band.  My new full is not feeling hungry.  Going 3+ hours without hunger.  The band works best with solid dense protein.  You ate mushies, not solid protein, so you can't judge your restriction yet and some say it can take up to 2 weeks before it really kicks in. 

The band to me is more for keeping that satieted feeling, not for stopping me.  I don't want to overfill my pouch, stretch my pouch or esophagus or slip my band.  So I follow the band "rules" to be careful.  I don't know how much I could eat because I weigh out my 2-3 ounces of meat and have a 1/4c of a veggie or whole grain etc.  Everyone does it a little differently, but this is working for me.

It takes several fills for some to get to the green zone. 

Kristi
NtheGame
on 3/29/11 11:07 am
Thanks Kristi.  I'll keep in mind the "rules" and it's good advice.  I am however going 3+ hours w.out feeling hungry, so the band is doing it's job.  I"ve lost a tad over 30 lbs in 5 weeks, so I'm happy, I just didn't know how the "restriction" was supposed to feel since I just had my first adjustment.  This is definitely a learning process, and support on OH has been great.  Thanks for your encouragement. 
 NtheGame      
steelerfan1
on 3/29/11 11:11 am
you are doing really good then   If you can go that long without wanting to eat physical hunger not head hunger you are in the green zone and that is where you want to be :o)   When you can go that long you dont want to run and get more fills because that can cause you to be to tight and cause you problems.

Congrats on the weight loss to that is awesome !!!! 

And I get the same feeling I never get a full feeling anymore I get I'm satisfied it took me a couple of months to really get use to that feeling because I have always felt the full feeling not satisfied feeling lol.

Keep up the great work !!!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

NtheGame
on 3/29/11 11:25 am
thank you for your help.  It's great to learn from folks who've been there, done that!  LOL  I didn't even know what the green zone was.  I'm trying to be more conciencous of when I'm getting "satisfied" and then pull back from eating rather than eating till I get that "full" or what used to be "overfull" sensation.  Retraining I guess is a better word.  Thanks again for your encouragement.  I"m looking forward to joining you on the losers bench. 
 NtheGame      
Most Active