Positive Lap Band Stories & Success-Post Here

amyc
on 3/24/11 1:58 am - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
I've had my band for almost 6 years.   I've lost close to 70 pounds.    It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.   I was just thinking yesterday how much I love my band.   I always hated season changes before.   I typically outgrew the clothes from the year before and ended up having to buy a bigger size (if not a couple of sizes up).     I've not brought out my spring clothes yet, but my weight is roughly the same as last spring, so I have no worries that they will fit.

I've had two babies since being banded also.   I had fairly easy pregnancies, and I'm sure being healthier had a lot to do with that.

Check out my profile.   I've tried to blog occasionally during my journey.

Amy

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 4:38 pm - San Diego, CA
I can't even tell you how much I LOVE this dang band. It gave me another chance to be that healthy person I always knew I could be.  I made goal in 2009 and have since surpassed that goal by 27 lbs..thanks to discipline and my lovely band!!  Please feel free to look at my before and after pictures.  Also Heather, if you go back maybe a week or so there is an AWESOME thread with tons of successful bandsters' before and afters.   I think it is titled something about a photo parade.  You just HAVE to check it out.  So inspirational.  I have a lot of that in my blogs too if you are interested in learning about my experience with the surgery you are contemplating.

Moreover, similar to you, I am an original RNY patient (RNY was in 2001) that regained and has a band-over-bypass now.  So my dear, we have a lot in common. :)  Feel free to send me a message if you want to chat personally. I'm here for you!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/15 8:51 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA

I've lost 100 pounds AND kept it off for 8 years since I was banded and I'd take it all back if I could have my health back.

Most Active