Have you had problems with the band?

Bette B.
on 3/16/11 11:07 pm
 You are very welcome! Let me know if you need anything else. Always happy to help!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Hermosa L
on 3/16/11 4:17 am
I think because of surgery wars lately and people saying they had problems with the band then deactivated accounts... LA thought maybe you were doing the same.

She meant no harm I'm sure of it.

I'm sorry to hear your having so many problems. ... I do agree alot has to do with the doctors for your sister to have a slipped band right OUT of surgery seems SOO old to me like maybe it was stitched in the right place to begin with..

I would recommend following a healthy eating plan tho the band can't help you at this point. Maybe join WW or Jenny Craig whatever but don't have the attitude of I'm going to eat what I want and get big attitude.. I mean I know it sucks but in the end that F IT attitude only hurts you. Just my two cents :)
Hermosa L
on 3/16/11 4:20 am

Sorry Just re-read your post.. YOU ARE WATCHING WHAT YOU EAT.. well it should be calories in and calories out so maybe if you can try adding some exercising and see if that helps. I have a very LOW amount in my band 10cc band with 4 ccs if that ...so alot of it is me working on my own.. I should go in for a fill but I like eating a variety of things and i know with a fill there are a few things I would have to give up ...

abandster
on 3/16/11 9:45 pm

I never thought I'd want to exercise but because I need a double knee replacement (and the weight doesn't help), I'd be happy just to be able to walk around the block.  Pushing a buggy in WalMart is about as much exercise as I get but its better than none.  I've got bone on bone in these old knees but just am not brave enough to step up to the plate and have them replaced.  My strong willed mother had BOTH of hers done the same day.  I sure wish I had her stamina.

Lin_2
on 3/21/11 12:09 pm
Hi!
I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences! So scary!
I have problems with my knees too - bone on bone too. Not fun. I found tha****er aerobics was very helpful. Do you know anyone with a pool? I weigh 300lbs and did go to aerobics at the Y, so I know it can be daunting, but I figured, "who cares?" I'm old enough not to worry too much about others' opinions. I did have some heart palpitations, but once cleared by the cardiologist, I was able to do it with modified techniques.
Just a thought. :)
Good luck!
MARIA F.
on 3/16/11 4:32 am - Athens, GA
On March 16, 2011 at 6:50 AM Pacific Time, LuciousLA & Babylapband wrote:
Hi LaWanda. How are you today.  I must have clicked  and read your post 4 or 5 times.

I am at lost for words which is probably the reason I had to read so many times.  I am trying to comprehend your post.  Any time someone pops on with a story such as yours the first thing I will do is click on the latest post under their name to find out history of thier posting because normal the history of their posting tell me the story that I need to know.....yet yours didnt.

1/2/11 your replied to a post...nothing really there

next post  was a year agon 3/17/10 and this was just a repy to a post.

Like I said...I am lost for words..your out of the blue post is for???

1.  You just needed to get your story told today? Without a "hello folks how the heck yall being doing greeting?LaWanda back from the dead"

2.  I think the title of your post would be more personally since your post is really about you and your problems. Oh course there are folks who have had problem with the band, trust me and they are here and on the revison board. Really it would have been so easy to find them and add your story to their story. Now dont get me wrong..you are free to post anywhere you want and as many time as you want, but like you..I am really curious.

3.  Were you and your sister band by the same doctor? Was the friend?  I think this is some very perteint information that is left out because if the answer is yes...I certain would want to know this so that I could steer other away from him.  Now I am not laying blame on anyone, HOWEVER..if you going to drop in out the blue and tell your story without a greeting...then the full story need to be told. You said that "you are happily gaining weight", so I really dont see the issue, it is another story if you are unhappy...mad as heck because you have that worthless piece of band inside you...you cant afford to have it removed and you have no insurance"

Your post is just................I dont even know how to explain it and that is so not me, I am normal straight to the point and sometime raw.

Take care and stay happy.

Responses like this are the reason ppl are reluctant to post their problems on the band forum! It is completely irrelevent how often she has posted or if she has posted about her band problems previously.

It's a NO win situation. Here this poor woman is...........getting the 3rd degree from you b/c she hasn't posted about her nightmare band experience previously.................and me on the other hand..............U ATTACK B/C I DO POST MY BAD BAND EXPERIENCE! WTF?!!!

So much for a 'SUPPORT' forum!

FormerlyFluffy.com

LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 3/16/11 4:53 am - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with
Maria...Did you think because I told Wanda that I was done that you can come at me and I would not say anything?Think again.

I apologize to Wanda and I meant that, I truly did not understand her post. It is up to her if she accept my apology or not. 
I have seen where out of the blue a post come up about someone having problems to stir things up and then the account is deactivated.

Now you....please show me where I attacked you.

Yes, I typed one reply  asking you didnt you have your org band and port and I said it was petty with a point to show you how petty you were when you said "yea but Jean and Kate have had to have surgeries to repair their band.  Other than that post...show me where I attacked you but if you come at me like this again...you might want to block me because it will get ugly. Now I dont care one way or the other if you never reply to me again...but when you do, trust and believe you will get a reply. When you come at me and not make a general statement, then I will come back at you so all I can say is take your best shot and this is not drama...YOU MADE IT PERSONAL.
MARIA F.
on 3/16/11 6:03 am - Athens, GA

I don't block ppl. I think that is very childish, so I have never done that on here.

Yes you did appologize to her. However the others reading the post that are having problems or might in the future saw your origional post and how you treated her. Don't you think they might get the impression they would be treated the same way is they posted about band problems too???

FormerlyFluffy.com

LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 3/16/11 7:06 am - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with
yes, if they only saw my orginal post, they may think that which is the reason I apologize in open forum instead of sending a peivate message. If I show my behind in public and find out I was wrong. it only the grown up thing to apologize where i showed out. In this case i was wrong. Like you I dont block, I select what i read but I try to remember in writing, there will misunderstanding because of lack of emotions.

I will apogolize to you as well if in my post when I ask about your saline level if it sound like I wanted to pick what you say apart, I was praying I had a solution to your problem cause when i gotto 4 cc in my band, I paniced thinking I was at rhe limit and would not get rrstriction.

if there are misapell words..overlook them i am typing this on my phone on a moving train
MARIA F.
on 3/16/11 8:39 am - Athens, GA

Appology accepted. I applogize as well.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active