Cold all the time....

zeniada
on 2/6/11 9:39 am - Chula Vista, CA
Just wondering if anyone else has been cold after losing weight...

I have lost 26 lbs now since lab band surgery but notice that I am cold all the time, is this normal?

I still have tons of weight to lose but was just wondering if this happens to anyone else...

svera
on 2/6/11 9:51 am - Long Beach, CA
 well Im down @60 lbs total still wanna lose @20 but Im definitely feeling the cold!
   Sara Vera                  
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 10:00 am - Des Moines, IA

"WAVING" hand in the air!  Yes, all of my blood work is normal also.  I can't get warm most of the time.  I even bought battery operated gloves for my drive home after work.  My car sits outside at work for 13 hours during the night and it's awful, so the gloves help.  I even have my heated seat on for the 1/2 hour drive home.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kerry B.
on 2/6/11 10:20 am
Count me in! I am always freezing. My coworkers can't believe it because I used to complain about being hot. I would even wear my short sleeve scrubs in the winter. This year I'm layering them with a long sleeve shirt AND a jacket.

aliciahegeman
on 2/6/11 10:39 am - Highland, NY
I  freeze also ... i wear this sweater /wrap thing to bed everynight ! FYI being cold burns calories!

Pamela B.
on 2/6/11 10:43 am - AR
VSG on 08/14/15
My dr/surgeon said you will be intolrant to cold weather meaning seems like your COLD ALL THE TIME...He told me that during the SEMINAR I still don't have the lapband yet but I am working on my CONSULT.....
Cocobean
on 2/6/11 12:07 pm

Skinny folks are always freezing.....they've don't have any isulation!  
You're loosiing your insulation girl!  Congrats.  If you haven't had your thyroid checked in a while, it wouldn't be a bad idea.  
Dress in layers and try to stay warm. 

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." ~ Mark Twain
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/6/11 12:13 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Me me me!!!!!   I live in AZ and my blood is thin.  Now that I have lost the weight I can't wait until it's in the 100's.  LOL   I set around with a blanket  and a sweater on. 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

themomescaped
on 2/6/11 10:01 pm
Me too....I actually asked my surgeon about this and he said that when you have surgery you experience a metabolic change and that can result in feeling cold.  He also said that this will go away as the body adjusts to the recent surgery.

Tiff tells all
on 2/6/11 10:26 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
FREEZING!!!! I invested in 3 pair of super soft insulated long johns and I have them on a regular rotation. I currently own six pair of heavy duty wool hiking socks and never am I without at least 3 layers on top.  LAYER- LAYER- LAYER.

Hubby and I have been fighting with the thermostat since I could get off the couch post-op. Two and a half years I've been freezing my shrinking ass off. I told him to get over it!  68 is my new 62.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Most Active