OFF TOPIC: Any Ebay sellers out there?

FunnyFlamingo2010
on 2/5/11 9:44 pm
I have lots and lots of clothes that are now too big and was thinking of putting them on Ebay to earn a little money for some new clothes.

The thing that confuses me is how do you deal with the shipping?
 Do you use the flat rate boxes? 
What is the easiest way to go?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Steph

Lapand surgery 1-6-2010
1st fill 2-16-2010   3.5cc for a total of 5.5 cc
2nd fill scheduled 3-24-2010   NO FILL!!  
3rd fill scheduled 5-11-10  NO FILL =-)
July 1st fill   
August 26 fill   6.8 cc's
November 17 fill   7.2cc's

- 138 lbs GONE!!! 

I am soooo lovin' my band!
It keeps me honest  =-)

FredS
on 2/5/11 10:20 pm - Massillon, OH
Hi Steph,
I am in the same situation and sell quite a bit on Ebay.  Flat rate boxes are great for heavy items. By heavy I would say over 8 to 10lbs.  You could lieteraly put 75lbs of lead in a box and ship it for $10 - $15. Since clothing is rather light, I would just go with standard shipping based on weight.  I use Priority boxes or envelopes because you can weight them at home, plug your info in your Ebay listing, Print a Shipping label after it ends and schedule a pickup with the USPS to pick it up at your home all online. 
I would do some research and find out what the going rate is on items and use Buy It Now if you really need a certain amount for an item.  You don't want a nice piece of clothing going for pennies if you need the money.

Good luck!
Fred
MARIA F.
on 2/6/11 12:48 am - Athens, GA
I sold a few clothes on there last yr. and I used the priority boxs.

Recently I have sold a lot on Craigslist.

FormerlyFluffy.com

D. Scott
on 2/6/11 12:56 am, edited 2/6/11 12:57 am
RNY with
I have sold clothes on ebay as well. My suggestion is find the box you plan on shipping them in and pack it up. Put it on your bathroom scale and use the weight to determine shipping to a far away state  using the USPS shipping calculator. For example if the packed box weighed 12lbs and you live in California put in the shipping as 12.5lbs to New York. If the price comes back outrageous like $25 then lower it to like $18 and take the loss because people are less likely to bid. But if it comes up to about $15 or less thats what you go with. Good Luck!

*edited to include the link to the shipping calculator

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

paint2heal
on 2/6/11 12:50 pm - Belle, WV
You may want to consider selling your items in "lots".  Such as a lot of 3 items.  That way your shipping cost will be lower and more people will be interested in purchasing them.  As far as selling things individually, I purchased a small shipping scale to use.  Good luck!
Carla         
Join my 6 WEEK Summer time Weight Loss CHALLENGE!!! from July 11 thru August 22nd.  Join anytime!!!!
SW168/CW162/GW151

Most Active