mixing greek yogurt with ranch seasoning.... OM geeee... YUM-O... share YOUR Greek...

adorkbl
on 2/6/11 8:13 am
Dang it all if I cannot find the thread where I saw this suggested... but I tried this for a snack and it is awesome!!

I cut up 1/2 cup of cucumbers... mixed a 0 calorie ranch dip packet into some Fage Greek yogurt... dip & paaartay in my mouth.  lol.

When else can you heap on the ranch dip and it is GOOD for you. Tomorrow I am going to mix it with some turkey meatballs, cucumber, and shredded lettuce for a bandsters version of a gyro. Thought that might be interesting.

What have YOU done with Greek yogurt?

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 8:55 am - Des Moines, IA
That sounds good!  So tell me about the 0 calorie ranch packet?  I have never bought Ranch packets before.  Is there a special 0 cal one?

I just discovered Greek yogurt, so it's new to me.  I love the higher protein in it.
adorkbl
on 2/6/11 9:15 am
I just bought Kroger brand (Fry's) because it was cheaper than Hidden Valley Ranch. It is just a seasoning packet to make ranch dip that normally calls for mixing it with sour cream. I cannot really tell the difference in taste. I had about 2 ounces with my cucumber, so it became a low calorie snack.

2 oz Greek yogurt: 30 calories, 5g protein
1/2 cup sliced cucumber was only 7 calories

Not too shabby!!! 

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 9:18 am - Des Moines, IA
Thanks for the suggestion! I will have to buy some the next time I'm at the store!  I'm trying to add variety to my diet.
Hermosa L
on 2/7/11 2:53 am
The ranch packet does have some calories but it's not a lot I think it's 35 calories for the whole packet and the greek yogurt is like 100 depending on brand... so 135 for the whole container and it usually lasts me at least 3 servings ... approx 45 cal a serving.. and I get my veggie intake :)

This my new favorite dip... it has to be non fat greek yogurt I tried it with the 2% and it was yucky for me.

I dip all kinds of stuff in it.. like snow peas or snap, cucumbers, celery, red bell pepper, carrot chips (these work better for me than baby carrots) I love it.

Cocobean
on 2/6/11 11:26 am
 yummy!  Nice suggestion.  Thanks for sharing.  NO kidding about piling on the Ranch dressing.  Can never get enough of it and this information will come in super handy around here.  

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." ~ Mark Twain
mstrip59
on 2/7/11 1:21 am
I like to put some pecans (broken into small pieces) and a little squeeze of honey in a 1/2 cup of greek and/or regular low fat yogurt for a "sweet and crunchy" treat.
shia98
on 2/7/11 2:51 am - Yonkers, NY

Will definitely have to try this...sounds YUMMY! Especially the honey and pecans!

Most Active