A bandster pet peeve

harmony9975
on 2/6/11 1:42 am
Yes, it does sound like we are walking the same path---my sponsor tells me the same thing.  I have a very low bottom and finally had to admit I was powerless to control my portions---the band is doing that for me---and I am very grateful.  I just have to keep walking the walk--going to meetings, following the food plan, exercising, doing my steps etc. 
Blessings to you and thanks for the response
Harmony
Kiskis
on 2/5/11 3:16 pm - Richmond, Canada
Hi all,

I agree with all the posts. I am a self pay being banded on wednesday, Feb 9th. I am paying $17K so you bet I am going to stick to the rules as at lot is at risk. Most importantly my health as I have a addictive personality and need to get my weight under control! You guys are great! I love your posts!

rainbow_runner
on 2/6/11 1:23 am

Hi Kiskis - see my book recommendations above re addictions - they'll give you the ammo you need to kick your addiction to the curb!

I was also self-pay (about the same amount as you, but around $20,000 in Canadian dollars, as I went down to Washington from Vancouver for my surgery) and have never given the cost a second thought - it was the best $$ I've ever spent!!

Best of luck with your surgery next week!

harmony9975
on 2/6/11 1:44 am
Hang in there sweetie and keep walking the walk.  Food addiction is the tough one.  One day at a time we follow the "rules of the tool" I have friends in the fellowship that are very supportive and have been all the way---sure helps. 

I too am self pay---it is an investment in myself--a way to show self acceptance and self love.
Blessings
Harmony
whatadream
on 2/5/11 10:47 pm - NH
Thanks everyone for your honesty.  It's helped me out
Most Active