What have YOU done to get healthier this past week?

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 6:31 am - Des Moines, IA
Please share something you have to be proud about.  Did you exercise, did  you try some new foods to add variety to your diet?  Did you volunteer or help someone?  This journey is to get healthier, right? 

I think we need to look at the positives and try and make each day the best we can for ourselves and others. 

I'll start. 
I tried some new foods from Trader Joe's to add variety to my diet.
I volunteer with my Golden Retriever "Gracie" ( she's a Therapy dog) and we listen to 1st graders read twice a week.
I journaled every bite of food.
I got 495 minutes of exercise in this past week.  ( Thanks Brock for the exercise challenge )

So what have you done to get physically or mentally healthier?  Don't be bashful, maybe you will give someone ideas.

Kristi
Kate -True Brit
on 2/6/11 8:03 am - UK

I regret to say I can't think of anything! So i will wait to be inspired by you all!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 8:33 am - Des Moines, IA
I can think of one thing, you are on the board giving support to others!  Plus you haven't been feeling the best.  Hope you are feeling better!
Kate -True Brit
on 2/6/11 3:23 pm - UK

((( Kristi)))

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 8:28 am
Well, this isn't new I do this every week... but I planned out all my meals. I have steel cut oats, cottage cheese with fruit, Greek yogurt and eggs all line up for breakfasts. And then dinners are all planned out too -- lunches are usually dinner leftovers or one of my take out standards like Wendy's chili or a salad.

I've found planning my meals out and having the food on hand helps me tremendously because I guarantee you that if I look in the fridge at mealtime and there isn't anything easy in there I will automatically think "drive thru".

Trixie
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 8:35 am - Des Moines, IA
Sounds like a good plan Trixie. We  live out in the country, so it's a ways to drive to get to a drive thru.  And it would be really expensive to feed the 4 of us , we have a 17 year old son who can eat a lot and is at a normal weight.
Nic M
on 2/6/11 8:30 am
I walked 7 miles on the treadmill today and I kept my caloric intake way below 1000. I ate mindfully.. tried to focus on protein, veggies and fruits. I've drunk a lot of water today, as well. I'm restarting my Health Improvement regimen as of TODAY!

As always, when I'm feeling stressed or "icky," I go and play piano. I found a mess of piano music books at the library and snagged them.

I have 16 books (novels, memoirs, educational...)  sitting next to my bed, waiting to be read... and I'm reading as fast as I can! But it makes me happy to know I have all these great things to read!

And finally, even though it's my job, ART! I had a reception Thursday night and it was nice to talk with people who were interested in my artwork. It compels me to do more... and that makes me happy.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 8:41 am - Des Moines, IA
What kind of artwork?  My daughter loves art and has been getting art lessons from our 85 year old neighbor lady who lives across the pasture from us. ( we are out in the country)  anyway she goes once a week and helps out our neighbor and then gets to work on different projects. Our neighbor taught art at a High school for 35 years before she retired.  My DD has been doing this for 5+ years already.  A win, win situation! I don't have enough wall space for all the beautiful things my daughter has drawn and painted etc.
Nic M
on 2/6/11 9:18 am
How lovely that your daughter has the neighbor lady! 

I do painted furniture, murals, collage, jewelry, sculpture, you name it! 

This is my FB page, if you're interested in seeing any of my artwork.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicci-Martin-FUNctional-Art/13 0577039106?v=photos#!/photos.php?id=130577039106

The latest exhibit is called "Borders Crossed" and I had so much fun with that theme. I did a couple of Adam and Eve pieces that were fun to do! 

I hope your daughter continues with the art. It's a very good thing to have in life! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't do artwork.  I suppose I could be an accountant, but all my clients would end up in prison! I'd screw up their taxes! 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 9:33 am, edited 2/6/11 9:38 am - Des Moines, IA
Wow, I LOVE your work! Thanks so much for sharing your work. You are very talented. Do you do pet portraits? That's one thing DD hasn't wanted to do. She's 19 and going into nursing.

I just "liked" your site on FB. I haven't told a lot of my FB "friends" about my band, so if you friend me, please don't mention it. I keep OH and FB seperate, but I really like your artwork. : )
Most Active