Would You Get the LapBand AGAIN.......If you had it to do over...

Pamela B.
on 2/6/11 5:20 am - AR
VSG on 08/14/15
I'm getting the lapband in a few months really I want VSG but my inc doesn't cover it so its looks like I chose the lapband that my inc will pay for...The preop diet is going to be hard on me and the post op diet also...So I was wondering if you had it to do over again would you choose the lap-band...
craazy4luv
on 2/6/11 5:22 am - Reno, NV
In a heart beat!

Kerry B.
on 2/6/11 10:03 am
That is exactly what I was going to say!

cheyenne000
on 2/6/11 5:30 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Yes...... I would have considered the sleeve if my insurance would have covered it. But I am happy with the band its a lot of work but well worth it to me

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Lynn C
on 2/6/11 5:40 am
did you get a denial from the insurance company for the sleeve?? Did you appeal the denial? That is how most people get the sleeve - once you put up a fight they will approve - in most cases. Talk to the girls on the VSG forum - they'll tell you how they did it.

No - I would not get banded again.

Good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

princesshan
on 2/6/11 5:48 am - ID
I would not even think twice! I love my band!
Bette B.
on 2/6/11 5:56 am
 Long story short: yes. And I would still recommend it as it remains the ONLY WLS that does not permanently alter anyone's digestive tract: no partial stomach removal, no intestinal resecting. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Lisaizme
on 2/6/11 6:13 am - TX
Yes I would be banded again.  I don't like the idea of removing part of the body unnecessarily and I don't want to deal with malabsorption.

I didn't have to do a pre-op diet, so I can't address that from a personal point of view, but I've read many many postings about it.  It can be difficult, but doable.  Sometimes the doctor will modify the preop diet if you have great difficulties.  Take it one day at a time.

The post-op, depending on what your doctor requires, may or may not be all that difficult.  Frequently people come out of surgery not all that hungry, so it might not be as hard as you are anticipating.

If you really think you want the sleeve, keep on your insurance company.  I would think long and hard about something that permanently removes part of my stomach, but that is just me.  :)   There's no one WLS that's perfect for everyone.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 6:13 am - Des Moines, IA
The sleeve wasn't available when I had surgery with my insurance and group of surgeons.  I'm 112 pounds lighter, off all of my B/P meds, off of relux meds and all of my labs are normal now.  I love exercising and I love what the band has done for me.  No WLS is perfect. With any surgery we have to work hard, try to get as healthy as possible and make the most of each day.
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 6:14 am
Absolutely!!
Most Active