1st fill coming up

mimax4
on 2/5/11 12:44 am
Hi all,

I am scheduled for my 1st fill this week and was wondering what to expect?  My weight loss has been slow..not even steady.  I'm hoping the fill will help with that.  How long does it take to feel effects of fill?
Lynn        
NCB1997
on 2/5/11 2:16 am
Hi, I am one of the fortunate ones, I felt it as soon as the needle came out. I had my second fill yesterday and could tell right away. I go back in a month for the third.
Hope you feel it fast too!
Nancy B.    
adorkbl
on 2/5/11 2:22 am
Each person is different. I didn't feel any different after my first two fills. I had 2cc for the first, and 2cc for the second. (I have a 10cc band.) My third fill was 1cc for a total of 5cc. I had issues with my gallbladder by then... so any restriction I felt was very minimal and overshadowed by gallbladder surgery.

Is your fill under fluoroscopy? Or blind fill?

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

mimax4
on 2/5/11 3:34 am
1st fill is under fluroscopy
Lynn        
adorkbl
on 2/5/11 4:20 am
 That is good!! They can see exactly how the restriction is and fill accordingly. 

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

pam57
on 2/5/11 6:57 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 I had my first fill Thursday and I got 6 cc.  I really don't feel any restriction yet but I was eating cheese and crackers for lunch today and felt a little back up.  But I still didn't feel full.  When they were adding the water in, the PA had me drinking water while he was squeezing in the water.  He told me to tell him when it felt like the water stopped going through.  He got up to 7 cc and I told him I kind of felt a tickle in the back of my throat but other than that not a doggone thing.  He took back out 1 cc and I was kind of scared maybe I got too much and I would have problems.  Nope, I don't feel anything.  I wonder if I don't have any feeling where I'm supposed to from the years of over stuffing.  What does feeling full feel like?  What does it feel like when there is enough in the pouch?  My father used to tell me "No sense, no feeling."  Now I'm thinking he may have been right.

Pam

OCMomma
on 2/5/11 1:33 pm
It was wonderful.  I felt the squeeze as soon as she put it in.  IT was strange.  No pain at all.  I had 3 cc's put in so now I have a total of 4cc's in a 10cc band.  I finally have some restriction.  I had NONE Before and had actually gained back a pound when I went in last week for this fill.   Now I finally know what this band should feel like.  I can't eat nearly as much as I use to eat now.  I love it!!!
Good luck.

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

Most Active