Bellybutton after surgery?

reneekennedy11
on 2/5/11 4:19 am - CA
Was anyones belly button strange looking or feeling after surgery? Mine is still sore first off....and it looks odd...Like smushed or something LOL and on the inside of the left side feels hard as a rock like something is in it?
adorkbl
on 2/5/11 4:22 am
Nope. Mine is same as it ever was. Mine is an innie... so I wouldn't know if it got smushed. 

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

reneekennedy11
on 2/5/11 4:25 am - CA
LOL Mine is an innie also...but it looks odd like crooked...maybe its because of the glue? Did your feel hard inside or anything?
adorkbl
on 2/5/11 4:34 am
Nope. mine didn't feel hard. But none of my incisions were anywhere near it. Are any of your incisions near it?
Kate -True Brit
on 2/5/11 4:26 am - UK

The only difference with mine is that pre-band it was at the end of a long tunnel! Not visible to the naked eye! Well and truly buried!

Now I can see it! In fact, if i were 30 years younger, I might stick a jewel in it!!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

reneekennedy11
on 2/5/11 4:27 am - CA
Kate your young enough to stick a jewel in it!!!! DO IT DO IT AND POST A PIC! :)
reneekennedy11
on 2/5/11 4:37 am - CA
Yes...they went through mine...Maybe for hernia repair? 
adorkbl
on 2/5/11 4:42 am
Ahhhh. The hardness is probably scar tissue. I wouldn't worry about it. My incision from my port repair on the 17th is still raised a bit and hard in some spots. Totally normal.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

pam57
on 2/5/11 6:40 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 Hi Renee,

Yes, mine is still kind of sore and I am a month ahead of you.  I had my first fill Thursday, and I don't know if this was all in my head but all my little healing holes started to hurt after the fill, especially my belly button.  I was standing in line yesterday at Costco and I got a really sharp pain where my port was, then my belly button started to hurt.  I haven't looked at my belly button though, I hope it looks normal, now I'll have to look.

harmony9975
on 2/5/11 7:08 am
My surgeon put my port real close to my belly button---and it does feel hard--it is just off to the side an inch or so---is that where your port is?  I had my first fill this week and that is where the needle went in.  The nurse said there is some scar tissue that affected getting the center of the port lined up and getting the injection in.  I didn't really know where the port was until she showed me and I could actually feel it.

The good news is---I am very grateful that 6 weeks after surgery I have released 39 pounds.  (I never say lost since I don't want to find them again!!)  Following my food plan really works---now it is nice to feel restriction and get full/feel satisfied.  Last week or two were tough since I just felt empty. 

Take care---best wishes--Harmony
Most Active