Anxiety and Fills

shelove62
on 2/4/11 12:47 am - Spirit Lake, IA
After my last fill, I became anxious and then depression set in. There are other things contributing to it but I have seen the dr. and have the depression under control with meds. The anxiety is hanging on and I hate it. Has anyone had anxiety been related to being over filled? What are the feelings with being overfilled? This last fill is the first one that made any restriction at all. Thanks for your feedback.
SheilaO

steelerfan1
on 2/4/11 3:16 am, edited 2/4/11 3:16 am
Shelia

I have not had a fill yet and maybe that is why I havent had one yet . I have seen alot of the girls on here go through the fill and unfill game trying to find that perfect sweet spot or they get to tight and have problems , or they start getting fills and they cant eat this or that because it makes them sick .

Maybe because of all them reasons is why I havent had a fill yet. I think for me I have mentally put myself into a position that a cup of food is all I need per meal and I dont think about it no more . I can go three to five hrs sometimes six of not getting hungry and like I said I think mentally I have just set myself up for that .

If I start thinking about food I go and do something . I love to play silly games on the puter from Big Fish or Shockwave and I go play one them games and I get so involved in that the food obsession goes away .

I eat my one cup of food , I eat a good 20-25 grams of protein per meal drink my water in between which I am awful about !!! I'm lucky to get in 50 oz of water a day *sigh* I really need to work on that .

I do my exercise every other day for 30 to 60 min and that is it .

But like I said I'm playing a huge mental game right now and its working for me so going to keep doing it that way and the longer I can go without a fill the better off I am :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 4:21 am - Des Moines, IA
My surgeon progressed slowly with fills. I learned to eat slowly and take little bites.  You need to tell your surgeon your concerns about getting too tight.  Ask what you can do to prevent getting stuck etc.  Let him/her know that you want to go slowly with your fills.  There's no hurry.  I've had my band for 19 months and never required an unfill. 

After a fill I am supposed to do 24-48 hours of liquids/softs and to take it easy after that.  And remember if  you have a fill scheduled, you can just go and see your surgeon but not get the fill.  I've done that lots of times. 

You can also ask if you have problems are you able to reach him/her anytime of day? Is there someone on call etc.

It's good to be cautious, but being anxious could only make you tighter etc.  Another one of these times where it's easier for me to say.  It will get easier and it will be worth the effort!

Good luck,
Kristi 
Ann Marie C.
on 2/4/11 6:35 am
Great advice Kristi-I have had some anxiety-and I just had a knee replacement and ended up having terrible acid reflux-So I called the doc for an unfill-The nurse said I would prefer that you call it an adjustment-then there is no negative connotation.Well I was adjusted by 1ml-and I feel awesome I had lost 57 pounds since I saw them last and they were very pleased.Each journey is so different-my doc said-in five years you will be fine this is a long term project-So here I am 27 pounds away from a weight that I want to be-Be sure to share your worries-that helps the most-I still talk to someone regularly to help me adjust-

Annie
Evaluation 5/10/08
Surgery 11/04/08Lap Band Concord Hospital
257/177/150

shelove62
on 2/4/11 6:39 am - Spirit Lake, IA
Thanks for your advice everyone. I really appreciate the input.
SheilaO

Most Active