Birth Control...PLZ help

BandMeUp
on 2/3/11 11:14 pm - PA
Was anyone asked to stop taking birth control before surgery? I wasnt asked but this morning my cardiologist called and said that they didnt know I had been taking it. Im scheduled for monday morning. I am so worried! 
Cant wait to meet the "New Me"  
Highest Weight  : 274lbs
Weight At Surgery: 264lbs

crystal M.
on 2/3/11 11:42 pm - Joliet, IL
I was asked but I take BC to regulate my periods...so they aren't so heavy.  I talked to the surgeon about the fact if I go off the BC I will bleed like a stuffed pig.  He told me I could keep taking them.  He said it was a precaution for blood clots but he said the risk is minuscule.  I obviously had no issues and lived to tell the tale. 
cheyenne000
on 2/3/11 11:54 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

It  was not a problem when I had surgery,  they new I took it but never asked me to stop

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

BandMeUp
on 2/4/11 12:10 am - PA
luckily I have been off it for two weeks so I hope that will be fine

Karebear79
on 2/4/11 2:11 am

Yes. My surgeon requires you to be off it for at least 1 month prior to surgery.

~Karen~

6cc's in a 10cc band
bridget1970
on 2/4/11 3:12 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17

I wasn't told that I had to stop and actually was having my cycle during the time of my surgery.

LONGLIFE
on 2/4/11 8:40 am - BROOKLYN, NY
I don't take bc  but I use nuva ring for BC and was told to take it out. a week before surgery. all it did was cause me to have my period couple days after .
BandMeUp
on 2/5/11 2:04 am - PA
 Hey,
Thanks for the replies. I think I got myself worked up for nothing. My cardiologist called and said it was fine. just dont take it for six weeks postop. I am so happy, I think I can finally relax...

Most Active