Air Bubbles in throat after drinking, normal?

OCMomma
on 2/3/11 9:16 pm
OK had my first fill the other day nad not sure what to expect.  I can eat and drink fine, but I notice when I drink thin stuff like coffee or water then I get air bubbles in my throat.   No pain, nothing down around stomach area.   Is that normal to have air bubbles come up like that.  It doesn't bother me except its loud haha.  I am trying to sip slower.   

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

airhead_74
on 2/3/11 9:28 pm
DS on 08/20/12
I had that right after surgery and still do sometimes. It feels like the liquid is going through the band like a funnel and it's pushing the air up as it goes down. I hate that feeling.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

crystal M.
on 2/3/11 9:30 pm - Joliet, IL
I have always had gurgling noises coming from my stomach/throat when I drink and sometimes when I eat.  It's not painful but it can be loud.  I have asked friends and family if they can hear it and they said yes they can but it sounds like a stomach rumble or a soft burp to them. 

I think it's very normal. 
OCMomma
on 2/3/11 9:37 pm
Thanks for the response.  Good to know.  I guess I will just be loud from now on haha

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

PaintingChef
on 2/3/11 9:43 pm - TN
I had that right after surgery too.  Eventually it went away as the swelling went down though.  I called it "the gurgling" and it would last for almost 3 minutes (my husband timed it, how thoughtful of him...) after every sip I drank.
My blog:  PaintingChef

fairy_kissez
on 2/4/11 4:48 am - Albuquerque, NM
Yayyyyy your band is working!!! It is normal so dont freak out. The bigger the fill you will notice that it lasts a little longer. You get used to it after awhile and dont really notice it happening. The one thing that I still cant do correctly is burp lol.

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Most Active