Haven't posted for awhile... back to basics

MrsSmith50009
on 2/4/11 9:07 pm
I haven't posted here for awhile - I hope you don't mind me joining back in! 

I've decided it's time to get back to basics. I've been maintaining the last several months, which for me is a victory.  I'm thrilled to be learning how to maintain.  It's the first time that I can remember being able to control small gains and get them off quickly.  In the past, I would have thrown my hands in the air, given up, and 3 pounds would have turned into 30!

But... I would still like to get another 20-30 off and in the last few weeks I've noticed some old bad habits sneaking back in.  So I decided it's a good time to get back to the things that made me successful in the first place... coming here to read and post, tracking food, and getting back to the gym.  (I got lazy over the holidays and haven't gotten back).  I'm headed to a local support group today which always gets me reved up and I go in next week for another fill.  (I've been getting pretty hungry between meals, so I know it's time to fill-er-up again!) 

The great thing about this whole process... is that every day is a new day!  And today is the day for me to get back to the basics!  YEAH TODAY!

So what do you do when you need to 'restart' or 'get back to the basics"?

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 10:40 pm - Des Moines, IA
Hi Mrs. Smith!
I will see you at our meeting!  I'm happy to see ya on the board also!  It really seems to help me.
Kristi
MrsSmith50009
on 2/6/11 4:27 am
It was great to see you yesterday!  you look FABULOUS!  I can't make the March meeting... my leg procedure is at 11am. 
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/11 5:09 am - Des Moines, IA
Thanks Mrs. Smith!  I thought you look pretty great also!  And so did Wanda.  I introduced my friend to her to talk about her surgery.  I left early and got a lot of errands done.  I know it's supposed to get really cold this week.

Chris and I walked the dogs yesterday and today and they loved it!  We went for a really long walk this morning at the park near us for 1hour and 45 minutes.  It was really pretty out.  Gracie and Jack looked like they had smiles on their faces from ear to ear! 

I work the weekend of the meeting in April, so maybe May?  Or give me a call to get the doggies together.

MrsSmith50009
on 2/7/11 7:50 am
how great that you got out with your dogs!  It was nice this weekend... I'm not looking forward to the cold this week at all! 

We'll definately plan on May if you don't have to work that weekend!
adorkbl
on 2/4/11 10:58 pm
Welcome back!!!

Coming here really seems to help me get motivated and stay on track. Also... are you keeping a food log? I really like
FatSecret.com. It has a very user friendly phone AP that I use to update my food journal, or check out nutrition info on the fly.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

MrsSmith50009
on 2/6/11 4:27 am
thanks!  I have a couple of apps that I've used... need to put it on the front page of my phone and not buried! 
Most Active